ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
What To Check Before Calling For Air Conditioning Repair In Northern Va
Total Articles: 16
Before you place a frantic call for air conditioning repair in Northern VA, check some often overlooked causes of malfunctioning air conditioning systems.
As the weather heats up, air conditioning becomes an essential element of life. If you haven’t even thought of your air conditioning system since late summer of last year, you might have an issue when you begin to need it this summer. When your home doesn’t seem to be cooling as it should or your unit won’t work at all, check a few things before calling for air conditioning repair in Northern VA.
Check Your Filter
While this suggestion might seem like a no-brainer, it is a common problem when an A/C unit isn’t operating correctly. You should change the filters monthly, even during the winter months if you have a central unit. When these filters become overly dirty, you can begin to create damage to the actual system in addition to making your energy bill unnecessarily high. You should also keep all of your coils free of dust and debris to maintain a high quality of functioning. If your A/C still isn’t functioning well with a clean filter, your issue may involve clogged ductwork, which should be cleaned by professionals to avoid damage.
Do you have ice on the coils around the unit? If so, your unit is working too hard. This occurrence is common in the warmest parts of the country, but it might indicate a need for a professional in HVAC of Arlington, VA. Shut off your unit, and wait for it to thaw. Or, go ahead and make that call for some professional assistance. Once the unit thaws, it should work; however, this occurrence may be an indication of problems soon to come.
Check Your Breaker
By no means is this a judgment. You’re not in any way of lesser intelligence; however, a breaker tripping is a common reason for an air conditioner not functioning at all. We often don’t consider this possibility when we’re frantically worrying over the heat and lack of cool air. If your breaker has tripped, you then have to wonder why, which still might require some help from an expert in air conditioning repair in Arlington, VA.
Before you place a call for the cavalry to arrive, tools in hand, check these simple, often overlooked tricks. While some of them might indicate a need for maintenance and possible repair, you can avoid spending your time waiting dealing with insufferable heat.
Home and Garden Articles1. From Dull To Dazzling Home: Tips To Renovate Your Home Before Canada Day
Author: Christine Delongte
2. How To Optimize A Landing Page With Success?
Author: Ryan Carter
3. How To Choose And Install Artificial Grass?
Author: Tim Kennedy
4. Stylish Miniature Gardens
Author: Florence Blum
5. The Ceiling Mounted Curtain Track Can Surely Add To The Aesthetics Of Your Room
6. What Not To Do When Building Your New Home?
Author: Cooper Crossley
7. Show Great Results For Local Businesses Through New Marketing Agency
Author: Thomas Schalch
8. How To Give Sliding Mirror Doors A Personality That Fits Your Home
Author: Lyle Ganske
9. 2 Common Types Of Water Heaters
Author: Nathan Crowley
10. How To Select A Realtor Cambridge Ontario To Help You Find A Home
Author: Justin Arthur
11. Top Supplier Of Crimsafe Security Screens & Doors Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
12. Embassy Edge Apartments
Author: Embassy Edge
13. Rainscreen Cladding & Their Multiple Advantages
Author: Turnkey Construction Services Ltd
14. Way To Have Custom And Specialized Interior Painting Service At An Affordable Rate
Author: Steve Johnson's Painting Service
15. The Different Types Of Fencing Are Put Up Depending On The Needs Of The Owner
Author: Ashton Coaldrake