ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
5 Open Source Test Automation Tools For Mobile Applications.
Total Articles: 36
As mobile applications are now becoming more and more critical to businesses, testing professionals are compelled to adopt new tools and frameworks for effective mobile application testing. Evaluating and ensuring the quality of a mobile application is a complex process and depends on the time and resources available.
There are multiple mobile application test automation tools available online which help in building cases for mobile application testing . One needs to make a choice between open source tools and premium ones depending on requirement and technical skills available.
Let us review some of the top open source test automation tools available for mobile automation testing.
-Appium: It is a test automation tool for automating native, hybrid and mobile web applications on Android and iOS platforms. It allows writing tests across multiple platforms using the same API. It helps to automate any mobile app in any language with complete access to back-end APIs and DBs from test code.
Mac OSX 10.7+ or Windows 7+ or Linux
Android SDK ≥ 16 (SDK < 16 in Selendroid mode)
Mac OSX 10.7+
XCode 4.5+ w/ Command Line Tools
- Selendroid for Android: It is a test automation framework for native, hybrid and mobile web. As it reuses the existing Selenium infrastructure, tests can be written using Selenium 2 client APIs. Selendroid can be used both on emulators and real devices. The four main components of Selendroid are – Web Driver Client, Selendroid Server, Android Driver App, Selendroid Standalone.
Selendroid is able to work on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- MonkeyTalk for both Android and iOS: It is a simple tool which helps to automate real, functionally interactive tests for Native, Hybrid, Web/HTML5 and Flex apps. It mainly consists of two basic components:
- MonkeyTalk IDE: It is a tool based on Eclipse that records, plays, edits and maintains the functional test suits for Android and iOS applications running on devices, emulators and simulators.
- MonkeyTalk Agent: These are the libraries for Android and iOS that need to be linked into applications to be tested. These are responsible for enabling applications to record and play the MonkeyTalk Commands.
- Calabash: It is a cross platform test automation framework that supports native apps in iOS and Android. It consists of libraries that enables test scripts to interact with native and hybrid apps programmatically. Calabash also supports cucumber, which helps to express the behavior of an app using non-technical language that can be understood by the QA staff and business experts. Calabash can be used to write automated acceptance and functional tests and helps in test automation from the UI level down.
- Robotium: It is an android test automation framework which can be used to test native and hybrid android applications. It helps to write system, functional and user acceptance test cases which can be executed in an emulator as well as real devices. It can also be easily run through continuous integration tools.
Every testing tool has its own pros and cons each of which need to be evaluated relative to the requirements and type of product. Proper planning, research and practice are required to perform mobile application test automation . Hence, it will be a safe bet to hire a professional Android and iOS application developer who has the skill to use open source tools for mobile application testing.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Remember, The Spare Parts Needs Only One Chance To Succeed That Can Be Only Done By Our Spare Parts.
2. Global Enterprise Content Management Market
Author: Shivani Singh
3. Quality Assurance Management Software For Pharma
Author: caliber universal
4. Lab Information Management Systems
Author: caliber universal
5. Scada Market Trend
6. Cost Effective Repair Service For Sony Mobile Phones At Sony Repair Centre
Author: Angel Smith
7. 4 Benefits Of Having A Wireless Solution In Your Enterprise
Author: Neha Gupta
8. Discover How Web Designing Training Course Helps Shaping Up Lucrative Career
Author: Arbind Gaba
9. How To Get Payment Gateway In India?
10. Start School In Time By Using Automatic School Bell
Author: Vivency Global
11. Gear Up To Ride Your Scooters With Headlamps In Auto Mode
Author: Roopali Parandekar
12. Most Effective Ways To Fix Issues For Iphone Screen Repair
Author: Angel Smith
13. Why Repairing The Cell Phone Is The Better Option?
Author: Phone Repairer
14. Online Booking Market Trend
15. A High Performing Smartphone Is The Device You Can’t Seem To Live Without
Author: Zane Shoebridge