ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
Choosing The Right Insurance Agent
Total Articles: 1
There are a lot choices in insurance from which one can choose. But to choose the right one that would fit one’s need and requirement may be complicated without the help of an insurance agent. These agents will be able to give a clear advice on what to choose, so that, one doesn’t land up paying unnecessarily for some insurance plan, which actually doesn’t suit his or her criteria. On the whole, there are two types of insurance agents seen one who work for a particular company and the other an individual agent who would be connected with a lot of insurers. Though, there are pros and cons in choosing both these agents, still an individual insurance agent is preferred by many, as he or she would know about various insurers, policies, and benefits, and would be able to give a clear comparative study of the both. So, how to choose the right insurance agent?
Here are a few tips and ideas on how to choose the right insurance agent.
Choose the Right Insurance Agent
• There are a lot of insurance agents- captive, individuals and brokers. Know what each of them before you decide about the right fit. An independent agent would have contacts with many insurance companies and several different policies, while a captive agent works exclusively for one particular company. Insurance brokers not only sell policies, but they also solve disputes and work for the insured rather than the insurer.
• Find an agent through referrals, friends, and neighbors and of course from search engines. You may also find an agent from local trade associations. At times, some insurance companies would not have any agents, and they do direct sales. To know about such agent you may check online and may even speak with personnel from the company directly to know about their policies. It is always advisable to choose an agent who has an office in the neighborhood, so that you can approach at any point of time, if required.
• Either you need a new agent or you would like to switch agent, it is better to have a list of selected few, before deciding on any one insurance agent.
• Speak with the agents and explain your requirement. Get the quote they give. Getting a quote from a mediator doesn’t mean that you should choose them for sure. The quotes would be useful to make a comparative study.
• Visit the websites of the chosen agents. Most of the agents have a website and if the agent is really credential then the website would be really professional and would give all the details.
• Also, note whether the chosen insurance agent bears a license of the particular company or companies he is dealing with.
• Before zeroing down on the right ones make several calls to find out whether they are prompt in answering the calls.
Though you would have spoken with a few insurance agents over the phone, never give any personal information like the security number or bank information. It is always a must to meet them in person and then decide whether they are the right ones and then give the details when you are filling out any form.
Insurance Articles1. The Insights And Benefits Of Insurance Approved Repair Centre
Author: Rob Porter
2. Importance Of Life Insurance Policies
Author: Nirav Patekar
3. Get The Best Homeowners Insurance In California
4. Infoglobaldata Launches Accurate And Verified Database Of 128,132 Insurance Agents Email List
Author: Mark Griffith
5. Why Your Parents Need A Separate Health Insurance Plan
Author: Willie Gunn
6. Professional Mortgage Loan Advisors Can Help You Choose The Best Deal Suitable For Your Financial Ne
7. Select The Best Personal Loan In Pakistan
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
8. 5 Tips From Miami Nationwide Auto Insurance Providers
9. Things To Know About Travel Insurance An Effortless Way To Safeguard Your Trip
Author: James felix
10. Top 5 Tips To Compare Funeral Insurance Rates
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
11. Property Insurance Claims New Jersey: Areas To Cover And Points To Note
12. Ambulance Cover In Australia | Ambulance Insurance | Iselect
13. Overseas Visitor Cover In Australia | Visitor Insurance | Iselect
14. An Affordable Auto Insurance California Leads To A Secure Future
15. Road Rash: 10 Random Car Facts You Didn't Know
Author: Pranavi Jain