ALL >> Health >> View Article
Things You Need To Know About Your Teeth
Total Articles: 14
But not all of us were gifted with good set of teeth. Most of us get dental veneers in Arlington, VA or invisalign in Alexandria, VA, to improve the look of our teeth. But before we go to dentists in Arlington, VA or dentists in Alexandria, VA to have some major dental check-up or operations, here are some facts about our teeth that we need to know.
• The secret to strong teeth is fluoride. It has been proven to prevent cavities and reverse the early stages of tooth decay. That’s why the most dominant element in toothpaste and mouthwash is fluoride.
• Plaque is any sticky deposit on teeth in which bacteria proliferate. It becomes tartar when it hardens on your teeth. And once it becomes tartar, it becomes difficult to remove. If you are wondering where plaque came from, it is from bacteria, acid, saliva and food that sticks to your teeth. Thorough brushing removes it. But once it becomes tartar, dentists have to scrape it off.
• Dry mouth can trigger bacteria growth in your teeth. You may think that saliva is gross, but saliva helps in breaking down the food we eat. It also helps neutralize the acid in our mouth preventing the proliferation of bacteria.
• Sugar rots our teeth. Sugar is the only cause of tooth decay. This is because mouth bacteria use sugar to create acid that create holes in our teeth. So to prevent visiting kids dentist in Arlington, VA, we should minimize our candy, cake and chocolate intake.
• To avoid daily visits to pediatric dentistry in Arlington, VA, we should remind ourselves and our kids to brush our teeth twice a day. On the other hand, if we had an acidic drink, wait half an hour before brushing your teeth. The acid in your drink can weaken your tooth enamel and brushing can remove it entirely.
• Brushing vigorously can do more harm to your teeth. Don’t overdo it. You might end up wearing down your enamel and make your gums bleed. If your toothbrush bristles bend, then you are probably brushing too hard.
• Gingivitis or the inflammation of gums can lead to tooth loss or worse. Other diseases that have been linked to gingivitis include diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, and lung disease. So better to regularly brush and floss.
Health Articles1. Best Enterprise Risk Management
2. What Is Cavity Filling?
Author: ponting brown
3. Dental Implants – A Great Alternative To Dentures
Author: Derek Levenstein
4. Some Of The Causes Of Dental Pain In Bristol
Author: Derek Levenstein
5. Looking For Best Plastic Surgeon New Jersey
6. Training Faculty
Author: Harry Campbell
7. How Does Valium Work In Adult During Depression?
Author: DIazepam Generic Online
8. How To Get Your Real Estate Information In Chilliwack
Author: Olivia William
9. The Best Time To Invest In Canadian Real Estate
Author: Jimmy Walid
10. Things To Avoid In The Case Of Tapentadol And Tramadol:
Author: Things to avoid in the case of Tapentadol and Tram
11. What Are Different Signs That Shows Your Dog May Have Worms?
Author: Jacob Kelly
12. Cosmetic Dentistry And Its Inclusions
Author: M B Dental Home
13. Healthcare Industry’s Increased Dependency On Hybrid Clouds. Results Will Be Unpredictable!
14. Elderly People Can Improve Their Sleep Problems With Zopiclone Pills
Author: Lewis Carroll
15. Cure Teeth Sensitivity With Rejove Clinique
Author: Pradeep Mishra