ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Advantages Of Traveling Solo
Total Articles: 211
With so many cheap travel options such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, cheap deals, and cheap vacation packages, it is a shame to pass up a trip simply because you have no one to accompany you.
Solo travel is increasing in popularity as evidenced by The New York Times, which recently noted 24 percent of people traveled solo on their most recent vacation compared to only 15 percent last year.
The following are reasons to travel solo, according to Kaeli Conforti:
• The freedom of traveling by yourself can be intoxicating. When you are traveling alone you are in charge of your own destiny. You don’t have to deal with someone else calling all the shots, directing you around from place to place, and limiting the amount of time you have to explore the things that interest you the most.
You get to decide what you really want to see, where you want to eat dinner, and whether you would like to stay at a fancy hotel or relax in a cozy looking hostel. Traveling solo allows you to take it easy and focus on why you wanted to be at your destination in the first place.
• It is remarkable easy to meet new people. Often it is more fun to sit at a bar vs. your own table at a restaurant and let people come to you. Using a prop like a guidebook or a map tends to encourage people to approach you and ask about your plans, where you have been so far, and share interesting stories or suggestions about where to head next.
• You get to select your own adventures. Do that which you are interested in, not having to consider what your friends or family might say. This is your adventure so go for it. If you feel like taking a day off from sightseeing and want to just relax, then do so.
• Traveling alone provides a rare chance to unplug and be in the moment. As long as you have a basic idea of where you are going, wandering aimlessly around town can be an extraordinarily enriching experience, especially when you stumble upon random events such as free concerts or movie premiere parties.
• Be open to talking to people around you. You may meet someone who could change your life, or swap some funny travel stories for a while. While it is very important to always follow your gut regarding your personal safety, remember that not everyone is out to get you. People tend to be curious about other people and solo traveling often proves how similar we all are despite our cultural differences and the places we come from.
• Solo traveling is a great way to blend in with the locals. If your knowledge of the local language is limited, smile and admit when you do not understand. The response will often be that the other person’s English is not that great either.
• Taking public transportation and staying in Airbnb apartments when traveling solo can give you a sense of what it is really like to live in a place. Your hosts will often give you great suggestions of places to check out that only the locals know about. It can be a nice change of pace to wake up to the sounds of a real neighborhood and be able to fix a quick meal.
• Remember you can always join a group tour if you find that you miss interacting with people on a daily basis. Websites like MeetUp, Zerve, and Viator specialize in group walking tours and other local adventures which is a great way to enjoy a night on the town within the safety of a group.
Travel Articles1. Choosing A Good Accommodation In Monte Vista
Author: Mike Suthar
2. What Are The Best Seasons To Trek Nepal?
Author: Sandip Sharma
3. Bring Home Memories Worth A Lifetime From Thailand
Author: Touris Thai
4. E-visa Sri Lanka: Say Goodbye To Your Sri Lankan E-visa Worries
Author: E-Visa Sri Lanka
5. Plan Your Bike Ride To Get Ready To Conquer The Terrains Of Leh Ladakh
Author: Komal Ranaa
6. Same Day Agra Tour With Fatehpur
Author: Carrie Asby
7. Quick Guide To Know How To Get Pr In Australia.
Author: Jason Briggs
8. Manali Honeymoon Tour Packages
Author: kuldeep dogra
9. Car Rental Bangalore
10. Find Reliable Taxi Cab To Airport Services For Best Travel Experience
11. Reap The Benefits Of Cheap Twin Centre Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. Explore Interesting Attractions With Your Dubai Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
13. For Those Special Events In Life, Phoenix Executive Car Services Could Be Either The Best Asset
Author: Unknown Member
14. 4 Majestic Places To Enjoy Your Honeymoon Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
15. We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs With Limousine Service In Dc
Author: We’ll Cover Your Wedding Travel Needs with Limousi