ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Advantages Of Traveling Solo
Total Articles: 213
With so many cheap travel options such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel deals, cheap deals, and cheap vacation packages, it is a shame to pass up a trip simply because you have no one to accompany you.
Solo travel is increasing in popularity as evidenced by The New York Times, which recently noted 24 percent of people traveled solo on their most recent vacation compared to only 15 percent last year.
The following are reasons to travel solo, according to Kaeli Conforti:
• The freedom of traveling by yourself can be intoxicating. When you are traveling alone you are in charge of your own destiny. You don’t have to deal with someone else calling all the shots, directing you around from place to place, and limiting the amount of time you have to explore the things that interest you the most.
You get to decide what you really want to see, where you want to eat dinner, and whether you would like to stay at a fancy hotel or relax in a cozy looking hostel. Traveling solo allows you to take it easy and focus on why you wanted to be at your destination in the first place.
• It is remarkable easy to meet new people. Often it is more fun to sit at a bar vs. your own table at a restaurant and let people come to you. Using a prop like a guidebook or a map tends to encourage people to approach you and ask about your plans, where you have been so far, and share interesting stories or suggestions about where to head next.
• You get to select your own adventures. Do that which you are interested in, not having to consider what your friends or family might say. This is your adventure so go for it. If you feel like taking a day off from sightseeing and want to just relax, then do so.
• Traveling alone provides a rare chance to unplug and be in the moment. As long as you have a basic idea of where you are going, wandering aimlessly around town can be an extraordinarily enriching experience, especially when you stumble upon random events such as free concerts or movie premiere parties.
• Be open to talking to people around you. You may meet someone who could change your life, or swap some funny travel stories for a while. While it is very important to always follow your gut regarding your personal safety, remember that not everyone is out to get you. People tend to be curious about other people and solo traveling often proves how similar we all are despite our cultural differences and the places we come from.
• Solo traveling is a great way to blend in with the locals. If your knowledge of the local language is limited, smile and admit when you do not understand. The response will often be that the other person’s English is not that great either.
• Taking public transportation and staying in Airbnb apartments when traveling solo can give you a sense of what it is really like to live in a place. Your hosts will often give you great suggestions of places to check out that only the locals know about. It can be a nice change of pace to wake up to the sounds of a real neighborhood and be able to fix a quick meal.
• Remember you can always join a group tour if you find that you miss interacting with people on a daily basis. Websites like MeetUp, Zerve, and Viator specialize in group walking tours and other local adventures which is a great way to enjoy a night on the town within the safety of a group.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family