ALL >> Business >> View Article
Truck Driving Training Programs
Total Articles: 78
Truck drivers load and transport goods, hazardous materials and freight from one location to another for local, regional and long-haul deliveries. Some truck drivers also perform stocking, unloading and inventory duties. Most truck driving positions require drivers to have a commercial driver's license (CDL) and several years of truck driving experience.
Program Levels: Commercial driver's license (CDL)
Prerequisites: High school diploma or GED certificate, clean driving record
Program Specializations: Several classes of CDLs available, based on truck weight and cargo materials. Hazardous material certification available
Other Requirements: Good eyesight and driving judgment, must be able to tolerate hours of driving, should be in good physical strength and at least one year of truck driving experience.
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Truck drivers who operate trucks with a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more are required to have a CDL. Truck drivers must also obtain a CDL if they drive smaller trucks that carry hazardous materials.
Most truck drivers enroll in a Professional Truck Driving Institute (PTDI)-certified truck driving course or training program. Upon completion of a PTDI-certified course, drivers must demonstrate adequate truck operation abilities and pass a CDL written exam. Truck drivers who transport hazardous materials must obtain additional hazmat credential (which require truckers to submit fingerprints and pass an extensive background check through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration).
With experience and extensive trucking knowledge, truck drivers can obtain high-level jobs that require long-haul, nationwide deliveries. Truck driving positions that require regional or nationwide travel may require three to five years of truck driving experience.
Newly hired truck drivers typically participate in workshops and seminars sponsored by their employers, that cover transportation regulations, safety procedures and federal trucking ordinances. In addition, American Trucking Associations (ATA) holds online workshops for truck drivers in all areas of business. Workshops address legal, financial and operational areas of truck driving.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray