ALL >> Education >> View Article
Capm Vs. Pmp Certification Benefits
Total Articles: 4
If you want to further your career in project management, you need to acquire certifications that will boost your credentials. Two certifications that are mostly sought after by project management professionals are Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and Project Management Professional (PMP). What are these certifications about? Who can apply for these certifications? What are the benefits and drawbacks for both CAPM and PMP? Here’s a comparative look at these two project management certifications so you can make an informed decision.
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This certification is designed for individuals who wish to have a career in project management. It is an entry level certification but provides great value for aspiring project managers. To be able to qualify for Certified Associate in Project Management certification, you need to have experience in project works, possess basic knowledge about project management, and hold a secondary diploma.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
This certification is designed for professionals who have already been working as a project manager. It is an advanced certification that can be acquired by professionals who have finished bachelor’s degree and have been working as project managers for at least 3 years. Those who have completed secondary education, have worked in the project management industry for at least 5 years, and have completed at least 35 hours of education related to project management are also qualified for PMP certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Here are some comparisons between CAPM and PMP in terms of their benefits and drawbacks:
* CAPM is an entry level certification only. It means that you cannot use it to obtain a higher management position for larger projects. Whereas, the PMP is an advanced certification that pushes forward professionals to the top of the management ladder.
* CAPM highlights your resume. It shows the employer that you are committed and dedicated in project management. It reveals your eagerness to learn and become more effective in your field. It speaks a lot about your credibility as an aspiring project manager. PMP does the same thing in your resume. It reveals that although you have a solid experience in project management, you are in pursuit of continuous improvement for your skills.
* You can get a CAPM certification even if you don’t have a bachelor’s degree. This is one of the major benefits of this certification. On the other hand, you will not be able to apply for a PMP certification if you have no bachelor’s degree or secondary diploma plus 5 years project management experience. In terms of requirements, CAPM has fewer requirements compared to PMP.
* Before you can get any of these project management certifications, you will have to take exams. For both CAPM and PMP, you need to pass the exams to be able to get the certificates.
* If you have a PMP certification, you will have to earn at least 60 professional development units (PDUs) to be able to maintain the certification every 3 years. With CAPM certification, you don’t need to earn any project management PDUs but you have to take another exam before the five year cycle ends to be able to maintain your certification.
* Certification maintenance for PMP certification has a 3 year cycle while CAPM has a 5 year cycle.
PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification provides you with a globally recognized project management credential. Your CAPM certification will automatically indicate to prospective employers that you are well versed in global project management processes and terminology.
Among other things CAPM will equip you with:
• Skills to initiate a project
• Project preparation and planning proficiency
• Executing, monitoring, controlling and completing a project
• Estimating activity costs
• Planning for quality at every stage
• Performing quality assurance
• Hiring, leading and managing a project team
• Foreseeing and planning for the unexpected
Whether you're new to project management, changing careers, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM can get your career on the right path or take it to the nextlevel.
If you are a project manager with less than 2 years of experience, looking to demonstrate your commitment to project management, improve your ability to manage larger projects and earn additional responsibility, & stand out to potential employers, the CAPM certification is right for you.
The CAPM certification offers recognition to practitioners who are starting their career in project management as well as project team members who wish to demonstrate their project management knowledge. This certification denotes that the individual possesses knowledge in the principles and terminology of A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), the standard of project management's generally recognized good practices.
The knowledge a practitioner gains from earning the CAPM certification can be applied to on-the-job experiences which help develop growing levels of competence in the practice of project management.
Between the two certifications, employers are more inclined to give more value to PMP. However, for entry levels, CAPM gives you a huge step lead ahead of your competitors. Whichever option you choose, NISHTHA can help you to prepare for and pass the CAPM and PMP exams with a variety of PMP study courses and bundles as well as CAPM study courses and bundles.
“This is the right place to choose your bright career”
Education Articles1. Give Your Career A Right Direction With Data Science Training Program
2. Cisco (sase) 500-651 Real Exam Questions
Author: Alexia Aurora
3. An Insight To Ielts Programs And How They Help Aspirants
Author: Mia Seal
4. Institute Of Vedic Astrology Reviews For Astrology Online Courses
Author: Aashish Patida
5. Valuable Software Testing Trends - Selenium To Follow In 2018
6. A List Of Top Job Oriented Mechanical Industries In India
7. Scholarship For Girls In Jharkhand
8. Different Jharkhand State Scholarship In All Courses
9. A Demand Technology-plc Scada
Author: Aptron Solutions
10. Talend Training In Bangalore,marathahalli,btm
11. The Current State Of Java Value Types
12. Getting Job In Salesforce Via Training Online Now
Author: Riley Louis
13. Blue Prism Training Institute In Hyderabad
14. The Top Llb College In Bhopal
Author: Megha Sharma
15. New Zealand Study Visa Consultant In Jalandhar Punjab