ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Prove Your Car Accident Wasn't Your Fault
Total Articles: 18
Being found at fault for a car accident can have devastating effects on the amount of money (compensation for damages) that you hoped to recover. If you have suffered severe losses, you will feel considerably disappointed, especially if you feel sure you did not act with negligence.
Many innocent victims are declared guilty and responsible for a car accident because of lack of evidence. In the event that you've been wrongfully harmed in a car accident, you may feel that responsibility obviously falls upon the other driver. After all, you were at the scene of the accident to witness what happened directly. For courts, however, placing fault can be much more complicated. They need hard evidence before ruling in your favor.
In the event that you are being blamed for an accident, it is essential to know how to place fault where it really belongs. Gathering as much evidence as you can should be the first thing to do after an accident and consulting a professional should be the second. Here are the types of evidence which when presented properly can strengthen your case.
1) Photo evidence: Take pictures of the damage to cars (external and internal), position of the vehicles after collision, road conditions, weather condition, skid marks, road signs, traffic lights and your injuries. These photos can be very important asset that can corroborate and support your version of the incident. That’s why it is very important to preserve these details by snapping pictures of them. These and similar types of evidence can all be critical in showing how a car accident occurred, and who was at fault.
2) Eyewitness testimony: Witnesses can give unbiased accounts of exactly what they saw, which can demonstrate your lack of fault to an insurance company or a court in a lawsuit. Mesa car accidents attorneys can help you in finding the witnesses and recovering their testimonies. So it’s very important for you to write down the details of as many witnesses as you can find. The testimony of a police officer boasts a higher standard of reputability because their status of enforcers of the law. This makes police reports very important.
3) Video footage: All other evidence is a secondhand version or partial depiction of actual scene, but video footage is a record of what really happened, totally unbiased and unaltered. That’s what makes them the most important evidence that could exist. But obtaining video footage is very difficult because first you must find out whether the footage exists or not. If it exists, you must find out to whom it belongs. Most of commercial institutions keep cameras installed in their property as a safeguard against robberies and vandals, so one go check if any institution in close vicinity was rolling tape. View the footage to see if their cameras captured the accident--but do so right away. Many companies record over their surveillance footage promptly. Mesa car accident attorneys can help you in securing the evidence.
These are some of the most common forms of evidence that should be collected. But evidence is case specific and one should be attentive and smart enough to document facts that collaborates and strengthens his/her case. After collecting evidence, residents of Mesa should consult a Mesa car accidents attorneys, Mesa wrongful death lawyer or Mesa injury lawyer who can help in presenting the evidence in a constructive manner during a lawsuit. Contact Mesa car accidents attorneys as soon as you can after your car accident.
Have you been injured in an accident, then contact Samuel P. Moeller. He is one of the top mesa car accidents attorneys with 100% focus on personal injury. You pay nothing unless you we get your compensations dues back. For free consultation, please visit our website
Legal Articles1. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
2. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
3. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
4. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords
5. Tips To Choose A Competent Estate Planning Attorney
Author: Matthew Odgers
6. Our Legal Firm Offer Wide Range Of Legal Services In Chandigarh
Author: James Jaops
7. What Are The Scenarios In Which Chicago Auto Accidents Attorney Can Help?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
8. What Is The Process For Cosmetic Import & Medical Device Registration In India
9. Expert Testimony Is Meant To Be Given By A Financial Expert Witness
Author: Jules H. Kamin
10. Car Accidents Involving Uber And Lyft In Phoenix, Arizona
11. Car Accidents In Glendale: Seat Belt Injuries Overview
12. Slip And Fall Injuries: Contributive Causes And Premises That Are Mostly Found Risky
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Al Rowaad Is Available Around The Clock 24/7
14. Be Active Before Selecting A Lawyers For Your Personal Legal Issue.
Author: Lex Lords
15. First Day In Federal Prison
Author: Sanjoi Mazumder