ALL >> Health >> View Article
Top 5 Misconceptions About Joint Pain
Total Articles: 76
The problem of joint pain has increased among people over the years. There are a lot of misconceptions about joint pain which majority of people believe in.
Here are the top misconceptions about joint pain and the truth behind them. Have a look.
Misconception About Joint Pain #1 – All Joint Pain Is Arthritis
There are more than fifty kinds of arthritis, however if you have an achy, swollen joint does not mean you have any kind of arthritis. You are required to be appropriately treated and diagnosed, says expert arthritis and musculoskeletal doctors. In many cases a person may not even have arthritis, but rather a soft tissue injury, chronic fatigue syndrome, bursitis or Lyme disease. Visit an experienced doctor to know about the exact cause of your joint pain.
Misconception About Joint Pain #2 – Cracking Knuckles May Give Arthritis
You must have heard this misconception about Arthritis before for sure. The elders always said, that stop cracking your knuckles or you will get arthritis. According to expert doctors, cracking your knuckles is just a vacuum phenomenon. When a person pulls knuckles, little amount of excess nitrogen gas which is diluted in the blood creates a cracking noise. Therefore it’s quite clear that you won't get arthritis from cracking your knuckles.
Misconception About Joint Pain #3 – Weather Has No Effect On Arthritis
The truth is that warm, dry weather keeps you away from joint pain According to many expert doctors, people suffering from arthritis might feel a bit of more pressure on their joints on days with high humidity and low pressure, especially right before a storm. A drier climate clearly indicates a minimum of pressure. To see if it works for you, it's better to test out drier weather for a few weeks, before you plan any major move.
Misconception About Joint Pain #4 – Exercise Can Make Joint Pain Even Worse
There should be absolutely no doubt that exercise is an excellent choice for everyone, with or without arthritis. Still only 15% of men and 9% of women suffering from knee osteoarthritis achieve the minimum recommended amount of weekly movement. Stay away from intense exercise and try some light stretching, if you’re in pain. You can also choose workouts that are less laborious on the joints, like the stationary bike or swimming.
Misconception About Joint Pain #5 – Diet Has No Role To Play In Prevention Of Arthritis
Many expert doctors have clearly stated that diet can be a deciding factor in preventing arthritis. By simply maintaining a healthy weight can help you to stay away from different types of arthritis. Having an ideal weight can provide excellent protection against osteoarthritis because osteoarthritis of the hip and knee has been linked with obesity. So lose excess weight to stay away from joint pain.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important