ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
10 Tips To Make Your Leather Furniture Look Beautiful
Total Articles: 164
Most of the time you’ll find that it is quite easy to clean and maintain leather furniture. With some cleaning experience, you can also master the art of cleaning your leather furniture. Remember, regular cleaning will ensure that your furniture stays in a perfect condition for long. Usually leather furniture is expensive, but with just a little everyday care you can ensure that it can last a lifetime, and your investment pays off.
Proper care will increase the life of leather and keep it looking attractive. When compared to any other upholstery, leather lasts much longer and with time its look improves if maintained properly. A little care can have wonderful effects on the looks of your leather furniture.
Here are top tips which will help you to keep your leather furniture in top-notch condition.
1. Leather can also fade just like wood and because it can dry up, it stiffens and cracks when placed near the sources of heat. Therefore, try not to place it close to fireplaces or in a room where direct sunlight is present for most of the day.
2. Use a white, clean cloth or vacuum to remove dust after every couple of weeks to ensure that it stays clean.
3. Wipe the surface by using a slightly damp, soft cloth to clean accumulated dirt. To make sure the leather doesn't absorbs it when you’re doing it for the first time, test in an inconspicuous spot. If it looks like that the leather absorb the water, use only a dry cloth.
4. If there’s a spill, then quickly use a dry cloth to blot and allow it air-dry. Blotting instead of wiping is important as it removes all the moisture out before it can spread in it.
5. Every 6-12 months, use a good leather conditioner for your DIY upholstery cleaning.
6. Avoid placing printed materials on the leather furniture as it can absorb dyes easily. The ink from the printed materials can transfer and leave stains on the furniture.
7. Try your best to stay away from scratches as leather can easily get scratched. Never use any sharp tool while cleaning your leather furniture.
8. To clean stains from your leather furniture, never use ammonia, detergents, harsh soap, or cleaning solvents.
9. Avoid soaking the stain heavily with water because it can prove to be more damaging than the stain itself.
10. Using a clean, dry cloth blot excessively for grease stains. After a short period of time, the spot would gradually disappear into the leather. Ask a professional leather specialist for help, if the stain persists.
However, it’s better to call professional upholstery cleaners in Sydney if you really want to keep your leather furniture safe and clean.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma