ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Telltale Signs Of Foundation Damage In Your Home
Total Articles: 108
We keep what we have only with vigilance.
Buying a home is a big achievement in a man’s life. But, your work doesn’t get over once you purchase your dream home. You must maintain it in order to ensure its durability.
As a home owner, foundation damage is one of the home maintenance problems that require prompt attention. If you shut your eyes to the telltale signs of foundation damage, it will lead to expensive repairs in the future.
How to identify Foundation Damage?
You do not have to be a foundation repair contractor to detect a problem. Instead, you must look for the following telltale signs of foundation damage in your home:
Poor Condition of Foundation
When it comes to detecting a problem in your home, go straight to the source. Inspect the basement as well as the exterior surface of the foundation for structural damage. If you notice cracks, gaps, mold or mildew around the foundation, it is a sign of damage.
Every property settles over a period of time. But, early cracks in the structure can be a problem. Check for cracks in every part of your home. If you notice the following issues in your home, you must immediately call for help:
1. Stress cracks in the drywall
2. Cracked corner, pillars or ceiling
3. Stair-step crack pattern in the brick facade
4. Cracks in the exterior mortar veneer
5. Horizontal cracks in the concrete slab
6. Cracks in tiles or wood floors
Misaligned Doors and Windows
The soil expands and contracts periodically because of changes in the climate pattern. The constant movement in the soil results in foundation damage. If there is a problem with the foundation, some parts of your home may collapse or settle. It will affect the alignment of doors and windows.
So, check the doors and windows of every room. Do not forget doors and windows of the basement as well as the attic. If the doors do not latch properly or the windows do not close completely, consider checking for other signs of damage.
The Floor or Ceiling is Uneven
It is not necessary that a problem with the foundation will have an impact only on the lower levels of your home. Uneven floor or ceiling should be considered as a red flag by every home owner.
Your Home is Old
If your home is older than 10 years, it is likely to have foundation problems. Why? It is because there are high chances of settlement. Also, the plumbing system may have deteriorated and put a pressure on the foundation.
These are the all the telltale signs of foundation damage. If you notice any of them in your home, do not ignore them. Remember a strong foundation results in a sturdy home. So, hire a foundation repair contractor to repair the foundation and save your home from collapsing.
If you believe that the foundation of your home is damaged, call Pour Concrete. The expert foundation repair contractor will analyze the situation and provide you with quick, durable and affordable solutions. Contact now for home basement waterproofing service.
When you love your work, you don't consider it work. I started The Home Improvement Group because building and renovating Toronto Homes has always been a fascination for me. I help home owners and businessmen by taking immediate care of home painting, commercial renovation, bedroom renovation, condo remodeling, and more. My experienced team will turn a weak and dilapidated property into a beautiful and strong structure. I am a hard-working, energetic and passionate home renovation contractor with the happiness of customers always in mind. I manage a large team of professional engineers and highly experienced renovation crew. We have experience of undertaking renovation projects for several home and commercial projects in GTA.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma