ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Learn The Correct Pruning Techniques For Lawn Edging And Mowing
Total Articles: 44
A well-kept garden and lawn adds to the curb appeal – in other words it means that your home attracts attention at first glance. Maintaining a lawn in pristine conditions means a lot of time and effort spent on mowing and edging. Knowing the correct pruning techniques for lawn edging and mowing goes a long way in maintaining a healthy lawn.
Proper mowing is most important to keep your lawn looking neat and healthy. How high or low you cut the grass and how often you do it determines how healthy and attractive your lawn is. Your lawn grass has a recommended mowing height. In hot weather or dry spells you can cut it a little higher than usual. If yours is a shady lawn or during cooler months, you can cut the grass a little lower. But, as a general rule, do not cut away more than one third of the grass height at a time.
Grass clippings are a good source of fertiliser for your lawn. If you leave them there, they will break up into organic matter full of nitrogen and other nutrients which is food for the plants. However if the grass clippings are too long and heavy, you might want to sweep them away for a neat and clean look. Just add them to your compost pile instead of throwing them away.
Lawn edging and trimming lend the finishing touches to the mowing process. Grass growing over the sidewalks or spilling on to the flower beds or creeping up the corners of planter boxes looks extremely shabby and ruins the appearance of your lawn. Such grass needs to be trimmed along with the mowing.
Lawn edging can be easily accomplished with the right kind of tools namely automatic trimmers and edgers. As with the lawn mower, you must first understand the trimming equipment. It is important to read the manual and understand the features and safety precautions you must take. You don't want to get injured in the process. It is also important to learn the correct techniques to use the equipment properly.
If you don't want to buy expensive lawn care equipment and can't spare the time for the chores, you can hire Garden Maintenance Professionals for lawn edging and mowing. These are professional garden care experts that will take care of your lawn maintenance as per fixed schedules. Residents of Queenland can visit http://foxmowingqld.com.au/ for services offered by Fox Mowing, a lawn and garden care company in Australia.
Fox Mowing has a team of professional garden care specialists that provide advice on lawn maintenance and garden care. Lawn edging and mowing is undertaken by trained crews as part of a regular lawn care program. When you hire Fox Mowing to take care of your yard, you can be assured of a perfectly manicured lawn.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma