ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Will Self Driving Cars Affect Auto Accident Laws
Total Articles: 18
Self-driving cars were only a part of futuristic movies years ago. But now they have become a reality. They have proven safer than conventional cars which are also considered inefficient. Tucson auto injury lawyers are necessary for a case where human error has occurred. But in the self-driving cars, the human element has been nearly eliminated. A Tucson truck accident attorney is hired in case a truck was involved in the accident. People in many countries debate the role of a Tucson car accident lawyer with respect to accidents caused by self-driving cars.
Change in paradigm of auto accident laws
Tucson auto injury lawyers have been concerned that not much attention has been paid to the legal issues that are involved in self-driving cars. All current laws have been formulated keeping a human driver in mind. Self-driving cars bring concerns about liability. A Tucson truck accident attorney may also have concerns about the situation when a truck and a self-driving car get into an accident. If it is a commercial truck, to whom will the compensation be paid? States like Nevada and California have legalized these cars. New legal concerns have already come up. Currently, auto accident laws place responsibility on the individual behind the wheel. But in a self-driving car an individual is in charge. The person inside can be considered a passenger. If this passenger is injured, the case gets more complicated. A Tucson car accident lawyer will need guidelines to determine liability in such cases. Since the co-driver does not have control over the vehicle, he or she cannot be held liable. It is not clear whether the co-driver should be alert or whether he or she is allowed to text, make calls or drink alcohol in a self-driving care.
Handling negligence in self-driving cars
According to some Tucson auto injury lawyers, self-driving cars are independent but they cannot be sued for negligence in case the car gets into an accident as the present law applies the prudent person’ standard to determine negligence. A Tucson truck accident attorney may also blame the manufacturers of the self-driving car as they designed the automated features, but this stance is not clear yet. A Tucson car accident lawyer may also argue that liability should be placed on the co-driver who installed the self-driving software in the vehicle.
Auto accident laws need to be rewritten to accommodate self-driving cars on public roads. It is still to be determine whether the fault is placed on the person inside the car or the manufacturer. The focus must be shifted from the human driver to the car. These changes need to be incorporated soon.
Were you injured in an auto accident? Contact Samuel P. Moeller, one of the best tucson car accident lawyer served many clients who are traumatized by accidents. For free consultation, please visit our website.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords