ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Make Your Garden Thrive And Look Attractive
Total Articles: 44
The secret of a thriving garden depends on a number of factors which include the quality of soil, improvement of the soil by adding the essential nutrients that plants need for growth, regular pruning, irrigation and pest control. There is no denying the fact that garden care involves a lot of work if you want it to thrive and look attractive. But here are some suggestions to help you with your garden care and maintenance so that your garden always looks beautiful and attractive:
Good quality garden soil has the right balance of nutrients required for plant growth. Our yards may not always have the best soil for planting, but you can always improve the quality by adding essential components. Before you plan for a garden, it is a good idea to get the soil tested so you know the shortfalls that need to be corrected. Soil testing will also tell you which plants will thrive in the particular environment.
Loosening or Tilling the Soil
Plants thrive in loose, loamy soil. If the soil in your yard is heavily compacted, make sure that you till it and turn it over before you plant. Adding a good quantity of compost does the trick, but make sure that it is well mixed with the existing soil.
It is important to understand what type of diseases your plants have before applying pesticides. Indiscriminate spraying will do more harm than good and may kill the plant itself. Or, you might scare away pollinating insects from your vegetable patch leading to a poor harvest. Before you begin to spraying, get some advice from your local, knowledgeable garden suppliers.
Pruning Bushes and Trees
Most gardeners make the mistake of not pruning the trees and bushes on time. Pruning is especially necessary to retain the shapes of ornamental bushes. Some plants and shrubs give off new growth and flowers only when pruned. So, if you want to let your garden thrive and look attractive, learn the correct pruning techniques for each type of plant in your garden.
Maintain Watering and Fertilising Schedules
Too much or too little watering can ruin your garden; proper irrigation of your garden ensures you have lush growth. Watering should be done at the base of the plants to ensure the roots get enough moisture. Early morning or late evening is the best time to water your garden. Also, maintain the fertilising schedules so that your plants do well and are always looking good.
Fox Mowing is one of the professional lawn and Lawn Care Businesses For Sale Qld companies in Australia that takes up lawn maintenance, fertilising, weed and pest control, pruning, hedge maintenance, garden cleaning and any other related jobs. If you are looking for help with your lawn and garden care, visit http://foxmowingqld.com.au/ for more details.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja