ALL >> Business >> View Article
Getting The Most Out Of Your Deck In Autumn And Winter
Total Articles: 15
We tend to use our decks more in the warmer months than during the colder months of autumn and winter. That doesn't mean we should forget about our deck, though. In fact, we should prepare our decking for the cold and rainy season and think about things we can do to enjoy the outdoors in the colder seasons.
If the cost of decking materials or maintenance issues are holding you back from installing decking, knowing a little more about decking materials might change your mind. The three most popular types of materials are:
Treated pine is one of the cheapest options. It is easy to work with and can be stained or painted.
Hardwood decking is more expensive than treated pine, but a number of species are available, some of which are much less expensive than others.
Composite decking is made from a mixture of timber fibre and plastic. It is made to look like timber and comes in a variety of natural timber and "paint" colours.
Composite decking usually costs about the same as a mid-priced hardwood decking material, but has some advantages. While you have to stain and seal any kind of natural timber, there's nothing to do to composite decking after it's installed. For a comparison of natural and composite decking, read Timber Decking vs. Composite Decking.
With such dramatic price variations, the only way to get the best decking for the best price is to compare materials and get quotes from a variety of decking suppliers and builders. Using our Get Quotes service, you can easily get quotes from both timber decking and composite decking services.
If you're the DIY type and you're building a small, ground floor deck, you may not need council approval. Check with your local council first, though. Regulations vary and can depend on the cost of the project and other factors. If you want a second storey deck, for example, it will probably require a council building permit and professional installation.
It's a shame to spend money on decking but only use your deck for a few short months. Make this year the year you turn your deck into a place you can enjoy all year 'round.
Business Articles1. Why To Choose Startups For Career Growth
Author: Nita Desai
2. Opportunities For The Global Optical Film Market To Reach $21.8 Billion By 2023
3. Ugc Recognized, Aicte Approved College
4. Valley Stream New & Used Honda Dealership
Author: Honda of Valley Stream is here to help you find th
5. Life After You Graduate
6. Tips To Order Garden Roses Online
Author: Joseph miller
7. The Latest Developments In Supplier Management
Author: James Maron
8. Use Fr Coveralls To Prevent Fire Burns
Author: tara safe
9. Floral Decoration Ideas Using Baby’s Breath
Author: Raman K Miller
10. How To Choose Perfect Garlands To Suit Your Wedding Theme
Author: albert miller
11. Top Engineering Colleges On Placement Record
12. Market Research Report - India Personal Care Appliance Market Outlook, 2023
Author: Aarkstore Enterprise
13. 6 Ultimate Ways To Promote Your Services Using Customized T-shirts
Author: T-Shirt Printing Services, T-Shirt printing
14. Best Practices In Home Care
15. Benefits Of Tyre Recycling
Author: Guna seelan