ALL >> Business >> View Article
Getting The Most Out Of Your Deck In Autumn And Winter
Total Articles: 14
We tend to use our decks more in the warmer months than during the colder months of autumn and winter. That doesn't mean we should forget about our deck, though. In fact, we should prepare our decking for the cold and rainy season and think about things we can do to enjoy the outdoors in the colder seasons.
If the cost of decking materials or maintenance issues are holding you back from installing decking, knowing a little more about decking materials might change your mind. The three most popular types of materials are:
Treated pine is one of the cheapest options. It is easy to work with and can be stained or painted.
Hardwood decking is more expensive than treated pine, but a number of species are available, some of which are much less expensive than others.
Composite decking is made from a mixture of timber fibre and plastic. It is made to look like timber and comes in a variety of natural timber and "paint" colours.
Composite decking usually costs about the same as a mid-priced hardwood decking material, but has some advantages. While you have to stain and seal any kind of natural timber, there's nothing to do to composite decking after it's installed. For a comparison of natural and composite decking, read Timber Decking vs. Composite Decking.
With such dramatic price variations, the only way to get the best decking for the best price is to compare materials and get quotes from a variety of decking suppliers and builders. Using our Get Quotes service, you can easily get quotes from both timber decking and composite decking services.
If you're the DIY type and you're building a small, ground floor deck, you may not need council approval. Check with your local council first, though. Regulations vary and can depend on the cost of the project and other factors. If you want a second storey deck, for example, it will probably require a council building permit and professional installation.
It's a shame to spend money on decking but only use your deck for a few short months. Make this year the year you turn your deck into a place you can enjoy all year 'round.
Business Articles1. Converter Transformer Market Is Projected To Reach $2,316.1 Million By 2020, At A Cagr Of 18.2%
2. The Value Of Solid Representation For Auto Accident Victims
3. The Auto Accident Lawyer That Can Save Your Valuable Life
4. Lexington Ky Car Accidents Lawyer - Obtain The Reasonable Settlement
5. Must I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer For A Commercial Automobile?
6. Obtaining A Car Accident Attorney To Help You After An Auto Accident
7. How To Approach Your Insurance Provider Following A Car Accident
8. Opportunities For Carbon Fiber In The Global Automotive Market Is Expected To Grow At A Cagr Of 7.9%
9. Bleacher Rental Seating
Author: Unknown Member
10. Maximize Your App With These Latest Social Media Marketing Tactics
Author: Anshul Sharma
11. Opportunities For The Global Door And Window Market To Reach $259.8 Billion By 2023
12. How Makeup Artist Can Help You Achieve The Perfect Look For Your Wedding
13. Importance Of Weighing Scales!
14. Daycare In Edison Nj
15. Global Wheel Loader Market Forecast 2018-2023