ALL >> Business >> View Article
Top 5 Tips To Eliminate The Abuse Of Clocking Machine In Your Organization
Total Articles: 22
It is quite a common practice in organizations where the 30 minute break is often extended to a 40 minute break. Many times employees leave 10 minutes before the ending of their shift and ask one of their co-workers to cover for them. While these may seem like small thefts, they can easily add up and steal about an hour from every working day of his or her employer that will only add to the cost of the employer.
So, how can organizations minimize the exposure of clocking machines abuse? It is important for the management to be proactive and be consistent in their approach when dealing with the problem. Here are the top 5 tips to help you deal with this problem –
• When hiring employees, you need to speak to them about the expectations that the company has from them. You should clearly ask them to adhere to the scheduled work time and the allotted breaks. Prepare a policy where the employees need to get approval for any change in schedule or overtime from their supervisor. Since most of the employees do this because they think no one is watching them, it is important to communicate the expectations in advance. You also need to have policies and procedures in place when such fraudulent practices are reported.
• You can also have a shift supervisor in place that can check the in and out punching of the new and suspect employees during breaks or before they go home. When they are more accountable to someone, the temptation to cheat will greatly decrease.
• You can also have a policy where the employees should be encouraged to report time clock abuse anonymously. Since no one wants to be considered a rat in the office, employees should feel safe that they can report peer stealing time to their managers without facing any consequences.
• If you still have old time clock systems such as time sheets, time cards or manual time keeping, you need to transfer to the latest time tracking systems such as biometric software that uses fingerprints or handprints that are much more accurate and sophisticated. These make it almost impossible for employees to defraud their attendance.
• You can also reward your employees for accurate clocking in and out time. When they feel that they have a reward waiting for them in the end, they are more likely to follow the rules. The rewards can be varied like bonus, paid time off or even gift certificate to acknowledge their hard work and honesty.
While biometric time clocks are reliable and efficient, many company still question if they are worth the cost. The truth is that the technologies is advanced and is surprisingly more affordable in the long run compared to other manual card time clock systems. If you have been having time and attendance system in your organization and do not know how to get rid of it, it is best to switch to biometric time clocks.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray