ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Complete Cocktail Dress Buying Guide
Total Articles: 3
A perfect short cocktail dress can make anyone look stylish and glamorous. Be it the “little black dress" or an elegant red gown, you are sure to rock at any event if you buy the dress according to your body type.
Cocktail wear are available in a wide variety of designs. Some of the most common types of cocktail dresses include One Shoulder Dress, Little Black Dress, A-Line, Strapless, Maternity Dress and Shift Dresses. Though they are all cocktail dresses but they differ in shoulder styles, hemlines, and fabric. You need to keep these factors in mind before finalizing an elegant dress for yourself.
• Shoulder Style
Cocktail dresses are available with different shoulder styles. You must select the one best suitable for you according to your body type. While halter necks are perfect for girls with narrow shoulders and make them appear wider, cap sleeves offer the opposite effect and offer a narrowing look for wide shoulders. Some of the most common shoulder styles include off shoulder, one shoulder, spaghetti straps, strapless, thick straps, sleeveless, halter neck, cap sleeves, lace sleeves, long sleeves and quarter sleeves.
Hemlines and length of the dress can vary from micro mini, short to floor trailing. However, the most common length in cocktail dresses is just above the knee, followed by floor length gowns. To create a slimming effect, you can opt for a short cocktail dress with a waist belt.
Some of the common types of fabrics used for creating cocktail dresses are cotton, silk, wool, cashmere, nylon, spandex, polyester, satin, and rayon. You must select the material according to the season, body type, and your comfort level.
Here are some tips that will help you purchase cocktail wear according to your body type:
1. A dress with empire waistline works best to hide a large belly. It helps divert the attention towards the bust area and away from the midriff section.
2. If you have bigger hips, you should opt for an A-line dress. They can hide your hip area and if fitted well, it can also offer a slimming effect for your bottom area.
3. To divert attention away from broad chests you should select fitted shift dresses and to achieve an opposite effect and accentuate your bust, you should prefer an empire waistline.
4. A ‘Short Little Black Cocktail Dress’ can help highlight your long legs.
5. For broader arms, you should opt for cap sleeves and for thin arms, you should select an off shoulder dress.
So, now you can not only identify various types of dresses but also know how to select the perfect one according to your body type. With this information at hand, you can now effortlessly find and get a short cocktail dress that will attract all attention towards you whenever you wear it!
Faearch.com, an online fashion search engine offering latest collection of men and women’s clothing, footwear and accessories such as plus size lingerie sets, short cocktail dresses ( www.faea ), high waisted bikini swimsuits, leather jackets & coats, bags, shoes, watches, jewelry and much more from leading fashion brands.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Shopping From Home For Designer Fashion Has Never Been Easier
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Best Styling Tips For Newly Wedded Brides Who Want To Resume Work
Author: Rahul Banka
3. American Flag Shirts Are Inspired By And For Loyal And Staunch Patriotism.
Author: James smith
4. Should Groom Experience Mesh Underwear For Their Wedding? - Know More
Author: Intymen Store
5. Venom Leather Jacket Spiderman Movie
Author: Norman Wisdom
6. Choose Huge Selection Of Crystal Coin Piggy Banks Designed By Anthony David
Author: Ethan Collins
7. Add The Gleam Of Jewelry To Your Boutique To Attract Customers
Author: baby gander
9. Lili Henry, Fashion Technology Expert
Author: Scott Wolstein
10. Online Men’s Undershirts – Fashion Staple For The Modern Man
Author: Piter Nicolas
11. Six Must-know Tips For Picking Your Bridal Jewellery
Author: Bella Krystal
12. Look Your Best With Tailor-made Shirts
Author: Emily Stone
13. What Are The Different Types Of Cheap Evening Dresses Australia Available Online?
14. How To Choose A Cheap Prom Dresses Uk For Girls?
15. Transform Your Look With Gucci Watches!