ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Complete Cocktail Dress Buying Guide
Total Articles: 4
A perfect short cocktail dress can make anyone look stylish and glamorous. Be it the “little black dress" or an elegant red gown, you are sure to rock at any event if you buy the dress according to your body type.
Cocktail wear are available in a wide variety of designs. Some of the most common types of cocktail dresses include One Shoulder Dress, Little Black Dress, A-Line, Strapless, Maternity Dress and Shift Dresses. Though they are all cocktail dresses but they differ in shoulder styles, hemlines, and fabric. You need to keep these factors in mind before finalizing an elegant dress for yourself.
• Shoulder Style
Cocktail dresses are available with different shoulder styles. You must select the one best suitable for you according to your body type. While halter necks are perfect for girls with narrow shoulders and make them appear wider, cap sleeves offer the opposite effect and offer a narrowing look for wide shoulders. Some of the most common shoulder styles include off shoulder, one shoulder, spaghetti straps, strapless, thick straps, sleeveless, halter neck, cap sleeves, lace sleeves, long sleeves and quarter sleeves.
Hemlines and length of the dress can vary from micro mini, short to floor trailing. However, the most common length in cocktail dresses is just above the knee, followed by floor length gowns. To create a slimming effect, you can opt for a short cocktail dress with a waist belt.
Some of the common types of fabrics used for creating cocktail dresses are cotton, silk, wool, cashmere, nylon, spandex, polyester, satin, and rayon. You must select the material according to the season, body type, and your comfort level.
Here are some tips that will help you purchase cocktail wear according to your body type:
1. A dress with empire waistline works best to hide a large belly. It helps divert the attention towards the bust area and away from the midriff section.
2. If you have bigger hips, you should opt for an A-line dress. They can hide your hip area and if fitted well, it can also offer a slimming effect for your bottom area.
3. To divert attention away from broad chests you should select fitted shift dresses and to achieve an opposite effect and accentuate your bust, you should prefer an empire waistline.
4. A ‘Short Little Black Cocktail Dress’ can help highlight your long legs.
5. For broader arms, you should opt for cap sleeves and for thin arms, you should select an off shoulder dress.
So, now you can not only identify various types of dresses but also know how to select the perfect one according to your body type. With this information at hand, you can now effortlessly find and get a short cocktail dress that will attract all attention towards you whenever you wear it!
Faearch.com, an online fashion search engine offering latest collection of men and women’s clothing, footwear and accessories such as plus size lingerie sets, short cocktail dresses ( www.faea ), high waisted bikini swimsuits, leather jackets & coats, bags, shoes, watches, jewelry and much more from leading fashion brands.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Make It A Post Valentine’s Engagement
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
2. Essential Items That Powerful Businesswomen Must Have In Their Wardrobe
Author: Ashish Malik
3. Do You Need A New Style Fashion Consultant?
Author: Scott Wolstein
4. 6 Tips And Tricks For Unique Mother's Day Gift Buying
Author: Annie Reh
5. 3 Dazzling Dresses That Make Your 30-something Bridesmaids Look Like A Million Bucks
Author: Jane Wang
6. Buy Xxxl T Shirts Online In India
Author: Prashant Shrivastav
7. Casio G-shock Analog Digital Ga-110dc-2a Men’s Watch
Author: Jasson C
8. Why Shoe Trees Are Essential For Your Blucher Shoe Care
Author: Dan Zapatka
9. Commonly Faced Issues In The Fashion Industry
Author: Olivia James
10. Fashion Designing Course In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
11. Set Out For Party With These Fashion Tips – Men’s Fashion Guide
Author: Anshul Mewade
12. Quelled Earrings - Fancy Yet Light On Your Lobes
Author: Stylofi Fashion
13. Fashion Designing Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
14. Green Wall In Delhi Ncr
15. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Ca0285-01e Mens Watch : Sharp, Simple And Spectacular
Author: Jasson C