ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Beginner’s Guide To Buy A Reclaimed Wood Table
Total Articles: 47
Unlike the machine made tables which have smooth surfaces, are lustrous and etched to perfection, reclaimed wood tables are characterized with washed out surfaces, rusty coloring and have a historic feel to them. There are a lot of factors one needs to be aware of while buying such furniture as they are expensive and reap high ROI. Read on to know what these factors are and how a table is made from reclaimed wood.
Reclaimed Wood- An Overview
There’s nothing strikingly different about a regular table and a reclaimed wood table, except the fact that the latter is made from reclaimed wood/lumber. So what is so unique about this wood? Let’s find out.
• Look and feel is everything when it comes to interior design, and recycled wood furniture offer just that. It has a story of its own to share and the unique marks. Shaded color and worn out surfaces stand as a testament to this story.
• Most of the reclaimed wood was used in homes and furniture in 20th century. The wood has been exposed to years of temperature and humidity changes and was sourced when there was minimal pollution and toxicity. Hence, it is usually very strong from within and durable.
• As told before, recycled wood has a history of its own to tell. Naturally, they are expensive to procure and also reap high return on investment when sold to other buyers. They are also a good investment for art collectors and creative homeowners.
How to Buy Reclaimed Wood Table
• Always ensure that you are well familiar with the history and experience of the furniture maker. If you have your own wood, ask if the maker will undertake custom orders.
• If the maker himself procures the wood, ask for a certificate of authenticity for the wood or at least ask for its brief history. Ensure that the wood is one of the following types- longleaf pine, redwood, chestnut, oak or maple.
• Make sure that the legs of the wood table is made from the same as the table top. Also, ensure that the legs are hand turned and the top is attached to the aprons using clips and not rigid nails.
• Ask the furniture maker to use a wipe that finishes the wood inside out, both on the table top and bottom. The holes and marks must be covered using quality epoxies and the bowtie patches must be hand cut.
• Lastly, ask the furniture maker to give a warranty on the quality and make of the reclaimed wood table. Also, compare the cost with other makers before you finalize on a certain amount.
FoxDen Decor is an eCommerce store offering a unique selection of rustic and reclaimed wood furniture, including custom bathroom vanities, beds, cabinets, nightstands, tables ( http://www.foxdendecor./reclaimed-f ), chairs, and desks handcrafted by skilled artisans.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck