ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Know Your Chocolate
Total Articles: 374
We all love to treat our sweet tooth with chocolate every once in a while. Derived from cocoa with cocoa butter and powdered sugar, this sweet confectionary food has several types.
Dark chocolate is called so because of its less or sometimes no amount of milk. It is normally made by combining cocoa solids, cocoa butter and sugar. And because of the absence of milk it appears darker in colour and also tastes more bitter compared to others.
• Milk chocolate is one of the variants that are most consumed. It is made by adding condensed milk or milk powder to the traditional process of chocolate creation. And as they use dry milk it makes it easy to form solid bars and they also enable it for a longer shelf life.
• With the combination of sugar, milk and cocoa powder leads to the formation of white chocolate. The absence of solid cocoa is the reason why this particular variant appears yellow or ivory and also it lacks the antioxidant properties found in other chocolate.
• For the purpose of cooking, unsweetened chocolates are used. It is produced without any sugar and thus the original flavour of the cocoa is maintained. Because of its intensity it can be rather bitter for having it alone. They are sold primarily for baking and its bitter flavour is balanced with the use of large amount of sugar.
• Semisweet chocolate is the kind that contains half as much sugar as cocoa solids. And because of its large content of cocoa they are also used for baking or cooking purposes.
• Raw chocolate is refers to those that has not been processed with any ingredient like sugar or any other milk products. It usually contains only cocoa butter and cocoa powder which are melted to form a raw chocolate. And because of the absence of fatty elements like sugar and milk it makes a healthy alternative.
• Cocoa powder is used mainly used for baking and making chocolate drinks. They are mostly used in its natural form for all these.
• A little less variant is the compound chocolate which is made by combining cocoa solids with, cocoa butter, coconut oil, vegetable oil and a lot of other hydrogenated fats. They are normally used for toppings or coating other confectionary goods.
Knowing about the types of chocolate it should be easy to decide which ones to opt for depending upon your needs. Check out international brands like Lindt chocolate, Divine chocolate, Rissell Stover,Hershey and the like to enjoy their incredible quality of chocolate products.
Russ Murray is the owner of this website and writes articles for his own website. For further details about lindt chocolate and Divine Chocolate please visit the website.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What Kind Of Vegetables Do You Want Slice Instead Of Junk Foods?
Author: Emory Carucci
2. Exploring Special American Steak Dishes Is No Big Deal In London
Author: Mathew Gomes
3. Oklahoma City Roofing- Choose The Right Material For Your Roof
Author: Fred Lydick
4. Professional Toronto Food Delivery – Ordering Quick And Easy
Author: Oliver Shin
5. Pre Or Post Workout Meals Toronto – Getting Healthy Food Is No More Difficult
Author: Oliver Shin
6. Explore Santa Rosa Restaurants In Different Way
Author: Todd Hedrick
7. Benefits Of Dark Chocolate | Bakers Fun
Author: Bakers Fun
8. Find Out The Reputable Online Water Suppliers To Obtain Purified Water
9. Food Delivery Toronto Service Can Be Your Savior Sometimes
Author: Oliver Shin
10. Ready Made Meals, Home Delivered By Dineamic
11. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
12. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
13. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
14. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
15. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman