ALL >> General >> View Article
How Much Does Decking Cost?
Total Articles: 14
Stand at your back door or look out your back window. What's stopping you from going outdoors and enjoying the fresh air? In most cases, it's because you don't have decking. Adding decking is one of the most cost-effective ways to add floor space and value to your home.
If the cost of decking materials or maintenance issues are holding you back from installing decking, knowing a little more about decking materials might change your mind. The three most popular types of materials are:
Treated pine is one of the cheapest options. It is easy to work with and can be stained or painted.
Hardwood decking is more expensive than treated pine, but a number of species are available, some of which are much less expensive than others.
Composite decking is made from a mixture of timber fibre and plastic. It is made to look like timber and comes in a variety of natural timber and "paint" colours.
Composite decking usually costs about the same as a mid-priced hardwood decking material, but has some advantages. While you have to stain and seal any kind of natural timber, there's nothing to do to composite decking after it's installed. For a comparison of natural and composite decking, read Timber Decking vs. Composite Decking.
With such dramatic price variations, the only way to get the best decking for the best price is to compare materials and get quotes from a variety of decking suppliers and builders. Using our Get Quotes service, you can easily get quotes from both timber decking and composite decking services.
If you're the DIY type and you're building a small, ground floor deck, you may not need council approval. Check with your local council first, though. Regulations vary and can depend on the cost of the project and other factors. If you want a second storey deck, for example, it will probably require a council building permit and professional installation.
*Cost and prices in this article are indicative and should only be used as a guide. They also vary locally and are subject to market forces.
General Articles1. Hot Melt Adhesives (hma) Market Projected Tp $9.46 Billion By 2022
Author: Rahul Sharma
2. How To Troubleshoot Error 0x80070002 In Outlook On Windows 10?
Author: Ethan Grey
3. Social Media- Oriented Jobs- The Heartthrob Of Today's Youth
Author: Shinjini Mahatto
4. Prepreg Market Projected To $8.64 Billion By 2021
Author: Rahul Sharma
5. How To Download Rrb Result
Author: Railway Result
6. Find Best Quality Hair Extensions Online India From Hair Exim
7. Avail Christopher Iula Services To Enhance Quality Living Conditions In Your Property
8. Gmail Password Recovery Is Now Available With Three Major Methods
Author: Indeed, even in the wake of making a decent
9. Fridge Online At Sathya Online Shopping
Author: Sathya Online Shopping
10. How To Protect Several Types Of Fabric Elements In Your Home
Author: Hudson Moffitt
11. What Are The Benefits Of Wing Chun Practice Wooden Dummy?
Author: James Biggica
12. How Effective Is The “amazon Qualified Service Providers” To Reinstate Your Amazon Account?
13. What Can You Do When Your Amazon Account Is Closed By Amazon?
14. Robotic Welding Market To Register Capital Expenditure Of $5.96 Billion By 2023
15. How To Install A Letterbox Successfully
Author: Daniel Kohler