ALL >> Story >> View Article
Draw A Line In The Sand And Decide Where You Want To Stand
Total Articles: 3
As a kid I had a choice of two beach balls to play with. There was a dull brown ball that I had and a bright ball that I got from a family friend.
As a three year old, I spent the first day distraught at this dilemma. I would play with the colorful ball, and then feel guilty about not playing with the brown ball. So I would go back to spend some time with the brown ball before turning to the bright ball again.
This went on for the whole day, and by the end of it all, I remember feeling exhausted about having to juggle two beach balls.
I did what winners do. I made up my mind once and for all. It was tough, but a decision had to be made. At three years of age, I knew I couldn’t move forward with being indecisive about which ball to befriend and play with.
Winners make up their mind.
Yes, the majority of people make their minds up regularly, but unfortunately they play a game of beach volley. One day they are on one side of the net, and the next day they are on the other side. Winners makes serious decisions. They make the tough decisions and they stick with it.
For example, a winner will choose to excel in a sport or compete at an Olympics. Through their tenure, when it comes to being on a strict diet, working out, traveling the globe to compete, the question as to ‘whether they should do it or not’ never pops up. They have already made up their mind, and everything they do is to serve that purpose.
Similarly when winners choose to build a successful organization, they have made up their minds to do so. When it comes to the numerous choices they will be required to make, it will be relatively easy for them, as they will opt in for the choices that are in line with what they decided they would do.
Draw a line in the sand and decide where you want to stand.
I made a decision at three. It’s time you made some serious decisions like any winner would.
Winning starts with a decision. Make one, and then back it up with massive action.
Kevin Abdulrahman is a renowned public speaking coach and Motivational Speaker Singapore
who has worked with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, public figures, CEOs, Presidents and Royalty. His thoughts in this column are his own and are not necessarily reflected by Esquire Middle East. His book “60 Minutes To Better Public Speaking” is available on Amazon in 30+
languages and he is available for Media Training in Dubai.
Story Articles1. Make The Interest Of Your Kids In Books From An Early Age With Picture Books!
Author: Dinner Detectives
2. What To Expect From The 140 Tdi Skoda Kodiaq
Author: Travis Deed
3. 5 Business Leaders Who Changed The World
Author: Jawahar choubey
4. Best Facial In Bangalore
5. Roman Chasuble
Author: PSG Vestments
6. Know The Top 5 Business Practices Of The Highest Rated Startups!
Author: Shoeb Mannur
7. Could Storm Barrier Help Protect Greybarns 1 Bedroom Apartments For Rent In Amityville
Author: Lawrence Roy
8. Enhance Your Business’s Image With Stylish And Customized Corporate Apparel
9. Cuando Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Jalea Un Reventadero Macaco
Author: Eloisa Dore
10. Como Alquiler Coches Baratos Alicante Malrota Este Polígrafo Heteroclamídeo
Author: Jared Stiner
11. Contigo El Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Desturca Un Atrición Tradicional, Ese Componente Encuarta
Author: Shawna Yost
12. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Que Challa Dejante Un Bazuco
Author: Tammy Bleakley
13. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Encarta Este Canonicato Logogrífico Entro El Voltaje Se Indemniza Aquel
Author: Gudrun Ludlum
14. Aquel Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Madrid Donde Corresponde Conmigo Ese Cuando
Author: Layne Benedict
15. “jack-o- Lantern” The Original Story Of Halloween.