ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Tips On How To Get A Fair Settlement After A Car Accident
Total Articles: 19
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident, you are entitled to get a compensation for it. Anyone who has been in even a minor car accident needs to go to the hospital and get themselves checked for injuries. It is very important to ensure one's wellbeing before moving forward with lawsuits.
The insurance company may fight tooth and nail to avoid settling your claim, but a Phoenix car accident lawyer can help you with it quiet easily. If your loved one has died, a Phoenix wrongful death attorney can help you with your case.
Seeking compensation from the negligent party may be a tougher task, so these few tips can help ensure you receive a fair compensation:
1. Statute of Limitations. According to the US law, if you are involved in an accident that happened because of the negligence of another party, you must file a case against the party within a specified time. If that time lapses, then you cannot sue the negligent party. Make sure that you do not waste a lot of time just thinking about the case and file it before it's too late.
2. Maintain Records. It is important to ensure that you have records of all the bills paid by you because of the accident, including medical expenses and vehicle repairs. If these documents are filed properly, then the settlement process can be expedited.
3. Calculate a Settlement Amount. Based on all the bills you have, calculate the sum of money you have had to incur because of the accident. It is important to consider the hidden costs while calculating the fair settlement. Hidden costs will include the cost of transportation to go to the doctor, additional childcare expenses, and more.
4. Do not accept the First Offer. When it comes to settling the claim, few people would want the case to go to court. Most parties try to settle it among themselves. The negligent party may give you a low settlement offer. Do not come under pressure and accept the offer. This may be a tactic to let the negligent party off in a lower amount. Make sure that you get the sufficient and fair offer or let the case go to trial. You can always give a counter offer which is fair.
In order to help you seek a fair compensation, a Phoenix personal injury attorney can prove to be a big help. Retain an attorney to help your case.
If you are in need of phoenix car accident lawyers, then contact Samuel P. Moeller. We specialize in personal injury cases and help you to get the compensation you deserve. We provide free consultation and you pay nothing unless we win. For more details, please visit our website.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords