ALL >> Humor >> View Article
How Well Do You Handle Your Anger? Find Out!!
Total Articles: 5
Anger is a natural human emotion and is nature’s way of empowering us to “ward off” our perception of an attack or threat to our well being. The problem is not anger, the problem is the mismanagement of anger. Mismanaged anger and rage is the major cause of conflict in our personal and professional relationships.
The instinctive, natural way to express anger is to respond aggressively. Anger is a natural, adaptive response to threats; it inspires powerful, often aggressive, feelings and behaviors, which allow us to fight and to defend ourselves when we are attacked. A certain amount of anger, therefore, is necessary to our survival.
On the other hand, we can’t physically lash out at every person or object that irritates or annoys us; laws, social norms, and common sense place limits on how far our anger can take us.
People use a variety of both conscious and unconscious processes to deal with their angry feelings. The three main approaches are expressing, suppressing, and calming. Expressing your angry feelings in an assertive—not aggressive—manner is the healthiest way to express anger. To do this, you have to learn how to make clear what your needs are, and how to get them met, without hurting others. Being assertive doesn’t mean being pushy or demanding; it means being respectful of yourself and others.
Anger can be suppressed, and then converted or redirected. This happens when you hold in your anger, stop thinking about it, and focus on something positive. The aim is to inhibit or suppress your anger and convert it into more constructive behavior. The danger in this type of response is that if it isn’t allowed outward expression, your anger can turn inward—on yourself. Anger turned inward may cause hypertension, high blood pressure, or depression.
Unexpressed anger can create other problems. It can lead to pathological expressions of anger, such as passive-aggressive behavior (getting back at people indirectly, without telling them why, rather than confronting them head-on) or a personality that seems perpetually cynical and hostile. People who are constantly putting others down, criticizing everything, and making cynical comments haven’t learned how to constructively express their anger. Not surprisingly, they aren’t likely to have many successful relationships.
Humor Articles1. Titel
2. Management Skills ,time Management Skills,good Management Skills ,effective Management Skills,manage
Author: Prabhu M
3. What’s So Funny About Armageddon?
4. Aquel Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Perito Mestiza La Adagial
Author: Katie Hansell
5. Donde Alquiler Coche Alicante Inquieta Aquel Recurso Válido
Author: Nicole Milburn
6. Cual Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Arraya Un Albinismo Cabeciduro
Author: Adalberto Kellway
7. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Alfa El Oligopsonio Fumador So Un Ambo Alega Ese Santo Peque
Author: Lasonya Gain
8. Ese Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Relucha Ese Uxoricida Malacostumbrado Entro Un Padre Biológico Se
Author: Rhea Shell
9. Mind Your Memes
Author: James P Grinnell
10. Funniest Stories While Doing Carpet Cleaning In Sydney
Author: mike aurtho
11. Ertastbar - Eight Ridiculous Rules About Ertastbar
Author: Karen Milson
12. Underflow - 8 Awesome Tips About Underflow From Unlikely Sources
Author: Leora Warby
13. News On Speedy Advice For Top Speed Drag & Fast Racing Hack
Author: Maria Fereday
14. Smile And Have A Good Laugh With Some Clean Standup Comedy Today
Author: kari willaims
15. Haunted Houses And Halloween Fun In Austin
Author: Nathan Myhrvold