ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips For Buying Used Construction Equipment
Total Articles: 26
Whether it is increasing your fleet or catering to demand surges, buying used construction equipment is always helpful. It saves the costs of investing in a new expensive machine and hence saves the extra burden on the working capital. However, while buying used construction equipment, certain things should be kept in mind to ensure the quality and utility of the machine. Here are some tips for the same. Although, these observations are for a backhoe loader, they can be applied any construction equipment in general
1. Engine start issues: Sometimes the engine takes a lot of time to start and starts with a lot of smoke. The seller might assure that it is nothing to worry and it is only a problem because the machine was not in use for a long time. However, at this point of time it is not wise to take chances even if the machine comes at relatively lower price. Sometimes, when the engine is cold a lot of smoke can be expected. Also, it is quite possible that you are not familiar with the particular make and model of the equipment. In this case, the seller should be thoroughly enquired for all the controls and the same should be tested and verified. Every speed and movement should be tried.
2. Fluid Leaks: The bottom of the machine must be checked thoroughly for any kind of leaks. Also, it is advisable to check all the hoses and arms.
3. Coolant in Oil: This is a definite sign for a faulty engine and enough reason to let go off the equipment
4. Any welding signs: The machine should be thoroughly checked for any welding on the backhoe, loader arms and buckets. Any welding is a sign of heavy usage and proves that the machine had broken in the past. Welding is much less stronger than the original steel and hence might break down again and cause problems. It also might happen that the machine had a break down in other places which might skip your attention in first place. Similarly a lot of dents point out to the fact that the machine was heavily abused.
5. Noise and problems with brakes: The brakes and the drive-train might not behave properly associated with a noise. Repairs in external brake discs can do at a relatively lower cost; however, it is exorbitantly costly to repair the rear differential.
6. Signs of bad maintenance: The life of a machine is long and it makes sense to buy one only when it has been properly maintained. Therefore, the machine should be checked for signs of bad maintenance such as loose bushings and pins. Maintenance is worthwhile to check to even more when the machine is quite old. The value of the machine after a long use depends on its usage and also on location and purpose of its usage.
7. Brand Matters: It is advisable to give preference to popular brands while selecting your construction equipment. The biggest advantage of buying an established brand is the easy availability of spare parts and access to technical experts (mechanics) who can give valuable advice on the same. The easy availability of spare parts also ensures that their prices are reasonable which will help reducing the maintenance and refurbishing costs substantially.
Automobiles Articles1. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
2. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
3. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
4. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
5. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name
7. Car Inspection Services Debunk Risks Of Buying Used Cars
8. There Is No Risk With Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars
9. Why A Test Drive Is A Good Idea While Deciding On Buying A Used Car?
Author: Ajinkya Satam
10. It’s All About Car Care Products
Author: neel patel
11. Vectra – The Top Manufacturers Of Excavator Attachment & Earth Movers Equipment In India & Europe
12. A Cookout For A Cause
13. Everything You Sort Of Wanted To Know About Car Batteries
Author: Jasonl Mosca
14. All You Need To Know About Trailers
Author: CS Trailers
15. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Every Vehicle To Ply On Road
Author: Luca Curtis