ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Things You Should Know About Lightning Safety
Total Articles: 8
There are some forces of nature which are more powerful than others. No one can do anything if the nature unleashes its unrivalled fury. Lightning is one of the most common occurrences, when it strikes it leaves nothing but, disaster. However, there is no need to be worried as one can minimize the risks or completely avoid any hazards if they know how to react when lightning strikes. Though it is a fact that, the possibility of you being killed or injured by lightning is very small but, it is wiser to be little cautious and to understand how to protect yourself when lightning strikes.
One thing that you must understand is that if you want to protect yourself from lightning then the only thing that you need to do is to avoid being in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, it is easier said than done, many don’t know how to handle a situation if lightning strikes and many more are unaware about the key factors behind a lightning strike.
Always stay inside: Needless to say, the safest thing to do during a thunderstorm is to stay inside the house or a building. If you’re in North-West and you have lightning protection North West system installed then, being inside a building is the wisest step. Whether you’re in England or Scotland, it doesn’t matter, the lightning conductor will provide the shortest path to the ground and when the lightning strikes, all the raw energy passes on to the ground safely. However, you should also avoid standing in places with excessive moisture and where electrical wiring is present.
Take shelter in a car: If you’re outside and there is no place to take shelter then, you must get inside your car, but at the same time you should know that convertibles and golf carts don’t provide any kind of protection. You can roll up the windows and make sure you are not in contact with any metal part of the frame or any wiring in the vehicle. In most of the cases lightning damages tires and the electrical system but, injury to an occupant is a rare occurrence.
Be safe outside: Contrary to the popular belief, it is not mandatory that lightning will always strike the most tallest and conductive object, rather it can and it will strike anywhere. You should try to stay away from any isolated objects like flagpoles, posts and trees.
So, now that you know about these things, you should remain calm and ensure your own safety.
Home and Garden Articles1. Decorate Your Events With Orchid Flowers
2. Fire Extinguisher Servicing - Guidance On Maintenance Fire Fighting Equipment
3. What Fire Extinguisher Serving May Do For You
4. Fireplace Extinguisher Maintenance Is A Necessary Fire Security Measure
5. Get The New Look Kitchen Cabinet The Easiest Way
Author: David Richard
6. Best Tips For Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia During Wintertime
Author: Michele Sokoloff
7. How To Protect Garden Plants This Summer?
Author: BK Vijay
8. Advantages Of Hiring A Gardener Services
Author: Georgina L Allen
9. Factors Influencing The Price Of An Air Conditioner
Author: Priya Sharma
10. 6 Simple Mower Maintenance Tips
Author: Michael Foley
11. 5 Realistic Tips To Identify The Best Moving And Storage Companies
Author: Michael Holden
12. How To Hire One Of The Best Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
13. Using The Whip Cream Dispenser For The Food To Be Tastier With Versatility
Author: Kathy Richy
14. Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes, You Want To Avoid To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Carpet
Author: Nick Koych
15. Permit You To Experience Again The Special Features Of A Floors Service Provider
Author: Partha Goswami