ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
5 Factors To Remember Before Painting
Total Articles: 16
Painting is a huge and important activity for your home and office. It is always a good time to paint the surroundings that you stay in. It refreshes the house and increases your efficiency. Painting proves to be a great way of changing the surroundings without changing the place. It is necessary to renovate the house every now and then by painting it. There are shortcuts of painting that harm the wall, these shortcuts should be avoided. These may damage the wall in the long term. There are certain things to keep in mind while painting your home or office. Hiring professional house painting services will lessen your efforts destroy all your worries.
To make sure the activity of painting is undertaken properly, there is a need to follow certain things with great responsibility.
• SANDING WALLS
For the finish to be lump free, the walls need sanding before painting them. Sanding the wall gets rid of all the bumps. Other things like the crud or the roller lint can be cleansed by sanding the walls. The sanding of the walls can be done with a drywall standing paper or a sanding block. But a sanding block will take longer.
• COVERING IN ONE COAT
It is a very bad idea to aim saving time and painting with a jiffy. Applying a thick layer of paint to the walls will not look pleasant. One coat does not cover well and looks untidy. A thick coating also consumes more time to dry. It is advisable to apply two or more thin coats which will dry easily and will give you much better results.
• UNPRIMED PATCHES
The walls should be primed evenly before painting. That foggy spot left behind should be patched before painting over it. If it is left unprimed, it looks ugly spoiling the entire look of the wall. It is called ‘flashing’ by the painters. This can be avoided by two ways, a sealing primer can be used to prime the patch or a self-priming compound is also useful for the same.
• PAINTING OVER DRIED PAINT
Even if you are in a hurry to get the job done, there is no point painting over the paint that is still not dry completely. There are high chances that the dry paint would come off onto your painting roller or brush which will create a huge mess. It will loosen the paint which is not dry making it fall off. Painting over the wet portion will take more time to dry hence it is necessary to follow the drying time instructions on the painting can.
• PAINTING FROM THE CAN
It is tempting to paint directly from the can, assuming there will be one thing less to clean up. But this should be avoided because, in case the can spills, that would be a huge job to clean up. Hence it is always a good idea to empty a small amount of paint into other container. It also helps to remove the impurities and lumps from the paint.
Along with the above mentioned factors, it is necessary to mix your paint well before applying to get an even colour. Following these tips would make your house look beautiful as ever!
For more details you can visit our website : www.yallamozo.com
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Need To Have Removal Tree And Stump?
Author: Elly Knights
2. 4 Things To Consider For Finding The Right Upholstery Cleaning In London
Author: Nick Koych
3. Create A Great 1st Impression With Granite In Your Office Space
4. Common Residential Plumbing Issues
Author: Bob Sander
5. Warning Signs That You Need To Repaint Your Home
Author: Shane Habib
6. Take Stunning Pictures Of Your Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
7. Hiring Professionals To Install Window Film In Palm Beach Gardens
8. Tile Cleaning Melbourne Service: - Wipe Out Your Dirty Tiles
Author: Elly Smith
9. Turbo Cowl Prevents Rain Water, Entrance Of Wild Creatures And Down Draught In The Most Efficient Ma
Author: Jerry Baily
10. If Home Remedies Doesn’t Work To Stop Shower Leaking Call The Experts
Author: Jordan Curr
11. Things You Need To Be Careful Of Before Booking A Pest Control Service
Author: Jordan Romilly
12. The Landscape Constructing Has Been Beneficial To A Greater Extent
Author: Brodie Clogstoun
13. Exclusive Ideas To Decorate Your Roof In A Different Way
Author: Michael Gilmore
14. Things You Need To Be Aware Of The Gutters Of Your Roof
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
15. An Earlier Confirmation Of A Building's Framework Is Needful
Author: Adam Leworthy