ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Dog Bite Attorneys - How To Proceed After Dog Bite Attack?
Total Articles: 47
Dogs are man’s best friend, but not always. A dog bite can cause anything from minor to severe injuries. You may require stitches and several shots before you are declared fit to go home. Apart from that, the long-term effects can be substantial. A dog bite can lead to a lifetime of phobia of dogs. If a dog has bitten you, it is possible for you to file a lawsuit or claim insurance in such a case. Contact Arizona dog bite lawyers in case of such an accident. Immediately after a dog bite, you may feel confused as to how to proceed. Follow these steps after a bog bite accident.
1. Find out whose dog it is.
Find out the name and address of the owner. You can do all this assuming you have identified the dog. If you cannot find or identify the dog, then you will be forced to take rabies shots for fear that the dog could have been diseased.
2. Medical aid
Obviously, look after the wound right away. Ask someone to drive you to the emergency room or call 911. You face a huge risk of infection, so don’t try use regular first aid only. You must see a doctor for it.
3. Contact the police
You may think that what’s done is done. But in order to prevent future bites by the same dog, you must file a dog bite report. This will legally document your case.
4. Collect information
Has the dog been biting people frequently? Is the dog considered dangerous? Try to obtain the dog license information.
Take as many pictures as possible of your injury. Include a ruler or other common object in the shot to show the size of the injury. Do this with the bare wound, when the dressing is off. Ask the nurse or the doctor for help. Take pictures of the bruises or the minor injuries. Pictures of torn clothing and the location can form good proof, too.
6. Contact Phoenix dog bite attorneys
Do this right away. You could contact a personal injury lawyer in Phoenix, AZ for consultation. Fees are usually paid on a contingent fee basis. The legal issues of such a case may be a little complex and are best left to the experts. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible is advised as the proof may deteriorate and once the injuries have healed fully. You may not have a case left. Also, identifying the dog may be difficult.
7. Write a journal
If you write a few of your thoughts about the attack daily for at least a few weeks after the accident, then this can help you seek medical compensation for your injury. Such a claim may take a long time and recording what you remember can help you in the future.
With these steps, you’re good to go.
Have you been injured due to dog bite and looking for a arizona dog bite lawyers to file an injury claim, then contact Samuel P. Moeller in Phoenix. A successful attorney with more than 10 years of experience in handling personal injury cases throughout the state of Arizona. For a free initial consultation, please visit our website.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords