ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Multi-engine Aircraft Fuel Management Systems
Total Articles: 91
If you are still calculating fuel status manually then isn't it high time you switched over to an automatic single or multi-engine aircraft fuel management system – if not for your own safety, at least for the safety of your passengers?
A modern single or multi-engine aircraft fuel management system especially like the ones manufactured by J.P. Instruments not only just displays the fuel consumption and fuel in the tank(s), it can be integrated with your GPS so you know if there will be enough fuel for your selected flight path. You can even change the flight mid-way and the integrated system will recalculate the fuel requirement as well as reserve quantity at end of flight path or balance fuel on reaching selected waypoint.
A modern single or multi-engine aircraft EGT Gauge management system especially like the ones manufactured by J.P. Instruments (e.g. the FS-450M) has the following built-in features:
1. Fuel quantity can be set to display in litres, gallons or pounds
2. Programmable low fuel alarm
3. Programmable low fuel time alarm
4. Bi-directional serial GPS interface
5. Works using solid-state pulse generating rotor fuel flow transducers
6. Real-time fuel flow rate
7. Fuel consumption in real-time
8. Fuel consumption by each engine
9. Balance fuel
10. Time to empty (EOT) at the current flow rate
11. Quantity of fuel required to reach next waypoint
12. Projected fuel balance on reaching next waypoint
13. Can calculate/display nautical miles per gallon of fuel.
Modern single or multi-engine RPM Sensor management system especially like the ones manufactured by J.P. Instruments e.g. the FS-450M Fuel Scan (FAA Approved); measure the fuel flowing into each engine by using small turbine transducers. As fuel flow increases, the transducer turbine rotate faster which in turn generates a faster pulse rate. These are measured in thousands of pulses per gallon of fuel and results in very accurate fuel reading.
Modern single or multi-engine Aircraft Flight Instruments also have programmable alarms. The pilot can programme the Fuel Management System (FMS) to display a visual alarm if the fuel falls below a pre-set limit. Once the fuel level falls below the pre-set limit, the FMS will show time left (in minutes) to empty. Once the pilot is alerted as to the fuel status, the pilot can switch off the alarms.
Modern single or multi-engine aircraft fuel management systems takes into account both main as well as auxiliary fuel tanks and before take-off, the pilot can key-in the precise quantity of fuel in the tanks.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Finding The Best Repairing Services For Apple Products
Author: Michael Clark
2. Benefits Of Purchasing Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts
Author: Get more detail about OEM manufacturer
3. Best Route Planner App Helps A Lot When It Comes To Do Business On The Go!
Author: John Pearson
4. Comcast Approved Modems Are Reliable And Also Come With Money Back Guarantee Like Option!
Author: Kelvin Pitter
5. Trusted Macbook Pro Repair Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Mike Rakhangi
6. How To Choose The Best Shopping Cart Software?
Author: Venkateshwarlu Kakkireni
7. Tips To Increase Inventory Management Performance With Quickbooks Support
Author: Jennifer Scott
8. 5-step Guide To Pick A Privilege Software Of Erp
Author: Alex Forsyth
9. ‘push Notifications’ Sits At The Helm Of Targeted Advertising In The New Digital Era
10. Android App Development Company |android Mobile App Developer’s Pune India
Author: aston martin
11. Automail: Commercial Printing, Mailroom Automation, And Beyond
Author: Nathan White
12. Own Spectrum Approved Modems And Save Money!
Author: Time Warner approved modems, Spectrum Approved Mod
13. Integrate Hrms Software To Reduce Your Hr Burden
Author: Rahul Pawar
14. Get Epson Printer Help In One Call!
15. Lean Manufacturing Erp Software
Author: eresource Infotech