ALL >> Marketing >> View Article
How To Personalize Direct Mail Campaign
Total Articles: 7
With the developments in technology, many tools are now available for the benefit of direct mail campaigns. The variable print technology, for example, helps custom print each mail to suit the specific needs of the customer, so your mail stands out in the crowd.
Marketing experts say that factors such as targeting your markets, presenting the material, and the timing are crucial when you send you a personalized direct mail to your customers. Towards this end, many analytical tools have come into existence to identify these factors before sending out mails, and starting a direct mail campaign for your business.
Personalization helps develop a strong bond filled with emotions between your organization and its target customers. As experience shows that in many, successful campaigns that received three times more response rate than the average response rate of a direct mail campaign without personalization.
You need to put in that extra effort to personalize the mail to grab the attention of your customer, right from the design of the mail to delivering a compelling message and luring them into the call-to-action section of the mail. The efforts are worth putting in, as you will see a great improvement in the response rate and a better return for your investments.
Well, the important question now is how you can personalize your mail so that you get maximum benefits. Here are a few steps that will help you personalize your mail.
• Name: Well, for an individual his name is the sweetest sound, and when you address a person by his name, you are striking the right emotional cords with him. Using the name to start a conversation, and throughout the mail using the name of the customer makes your mail more personalized. Always use the first name when personalizing the mail.
• Gender: Your products or services may be gender specific, so try to offer right products to the right gender and address them appropriately. In addition, for unisex products, women may view those products in a completely different way than men, so address the mail depending on your target gender.
• Use other information: You can also use their past purchase history or information about their wish list, etc. You can look at such information and check if they would be interested in similar offers that you have currently.
• Location: You can also personalize the mail using the location of a customer to get a positive result. You may quote or offer statistics as to what offers are available in the customer’s area, region and how many products sold or service subscribed to, so that the customer know what their neighbors are doing and can act accordingly.
For a successful direct mail campaign, it is important that you use an updated and current mail database. In addition, marketing or promotional drives need time to start showing results, so, sending out such direct mails repetitively over a period is an important factor.
iti Direct Mail has a team of direct mail marketing specialists and graphic designers, providing nonprofits, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and small businesses with effective and targeted personalized direct mail (www.letterprinting.net), newsletters and brochures.
Marketing Articles1. Why Should You Hire A Creative Digital Agency?
Author: Rasika Nimkar
2. Hire Google Adwords Management Company To Increase Sales And Traffic
Author: Sarah Albert
3. Bulk Sms Gateway For The Growth Of Your Business
4. Marketing Tips For The Business
Author: James Bolte
5. Find Complete Solutions To B2b Marketing With Usaexelist Automotive Mailing List
Author: Charles Jaxson
6. The Best Of Technology With 360 Photography
7. 5 Latest Content Marketing Trends You Need To Watch Out For
Author: Hemant Jadhav
8. Canada Immigration Boosted-up With Parents And Grand Parents Program
Author: Global Tree
9. New Year Eve – Celebration With The Best Indo-chinese Restaurant
Author: Krish Patel
10. Credit Card Holders - Don't Leave Home Without Them
Author: Sahah Chan
11. #bloggerworld Importance Of Blog Directories & Article Directories In Seo
12. Fs Enterprises Top Dealers Of Xylem In India
13. Content Gets In The Traffic
Author: Majid Saed
14. Getting More With The Right Steps Online
Author: Majid Saed
15. What Is So Special About Teak - The Noblest Of All Woods
Author: Wooderra Makris