ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Things People Ask About Lightning Protection Systems
Total Articles: 8
It is a common saying that lightning never strikes twice at the same place, but is also known that just one bolt of lightning is enough to convert any building into dust. Therefore, lightning protection systems are installed to ensure that lightning doesn’t hurt or damage any structures. However, there are many questions are involved with such systems and therefore, Direct Strike, which is the best provider of lightning protection systems in Northwest, presents to you, answers of the questions which are frequently asked about these systems.
Are lightning rods still being used?
Whether you’re in England or Lightning Conductor Scotland or rods are used more frequently than ever. Though, advancements in technology has allowed people to make these kinds of systems more unnoticeable, but they are used almost everywhere. Nowadays, buildings are full of many electronic systems which are not only fragile, but also sensitive and these rods help to protect the structure of building along with saving valuable electronics and ensuring proper functionality.
Why use rods if it attracts lightning?
It is a common misconception which dates back to the day when lightning experiment was conducted by Benjamin Franklin. These rods intercept any lightning strike and it provides appropriate paths to safely transfer the energy to the ground. Whether there’s any lightning protection system or not, lightning can strike at any place and without such system nothing can help you avoid the destruction. As, lightning travels several kilometres before they strike on earth therefore, any object as tiny as these rods have to part in controlling the path of a lightning.
Does a building made with metals require such protection?
The structure of such building will conduct lightning, but this doesn’t mean that the immense energy that is released by lightning is disposed of properly. It is the lightning protection system which provides a clear connections and path to lightning and makes sure that it passes through the building without causing any harm. Without this, the energy will damage the building as soon as it reaches a point where there is no connectivity with the ground. Further, electronics or any important equipment can get damage in absence of such protection.
What kinds of building need lightning protection?
Any building or structure can be harmed by lightning and therefore requires protection. Further, it also depends on the location as, in some areas lightning is a more frequent occurrence.
Ben Tyler is the author of this article, For further detail about Lightning Protection North West. Please visit the Website.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja