ALL >> Health >> View Article
Fix Up Your Smile With The Help Of A Friendly Agoura Hills Dentist
Total Articles: 76
Your health is important, and regular dental care is extremely important! Don't let your smile dim, make an appointment with an Agoura Hills Dentist, today!
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise: your smile is important. Having healthy teeth and gums won't just make you feel better and more confident, it also has a dramatic impact on your overall health. And the best way to ensure a healthy smile? Regular dental visits and examinations. A dental examination has two major parts:
The first: Check up. During the checkup, the dentist or dental professional will check your teeth for cavities, tartar buildup, plaque, and any other problems. Unless you're eating only celery, chances are good that even the healthiest teeth have plaque. Plaque is a thin layer of sticky bacteria on your teeth. It can be removed by brushing, but will quickly grow back (which is why you should always brush your teeth at least twice a day). If plaque is not removed promptly, it can harden to become tartar. During the checkup, your gums will also be checked. Many serious diseases will show up in the gums, so having a professional look at them will allow you to catch serious and life-threatening diseases. And, of course, examining the gums for gum disease, to ensure that you have good oral health.
The second: Cleaning. As alluded to earlier, while it is very possible to remove plaque through normal brushing and flossing, tartar is a little trickier. Tartar adheres to teeth, and is simply not possible to remove without help. Through a process called "scaling", dental technicians use special tools to scrape tartar off teeth, leaving them healthy and clean. If you've ever been to the dentist, and wondered why they were picking at your teeth with their little picks, well, now you know. After the dental technician finishes scaling the teeth, they usually polish them, with a special gritty toothpaste. Polishing helps protect the teeth, and helps to remove pieces of tartar and plaque that are too small to see. In addition, the polish helps remove any unsightly surface stains, leaving your smile brilliant and white. After, the dental technician will floss your teeth, to make sure that no particles get stuck between the teeth.
It's important to have a dental examination at least twice a year, to help prevent tartar buildup and gum disease. Don't let your smile rot away, make an appointment with a friendly and professional Agoura Hills Dentist today.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe