ALL >> Family >> View Article
Visiting The Amalfi Coast Tours
Total Articles: 23
I have always dreamed about visiting the Amalfi Coast. Next to Santorini, it is perhaps the most romantic place to enjoy beautiful sunsets in a cliff-top getaway. The Amalfi Coast is the perfect stop if you are in Italy and want to take a break from all the museum-hopping and church visits that Italy is known for. A good friend of mine, Ron Virmani, suggested we stay in Sorrento at the the Relais Palazzo Starace, which is a reasonably-priced hotel with a clifftop location away from the bustling tourist activity in other parts of the coast. From there, almost every notable destination and attraction on the Amalfi Coast was within easy reach, whether on foot or otherwise.
Where to Go
The Amalfi Coast is just a stone's throw away from Naples so you get access to some of the world's best restaurants, shopping and bar hopping that you would get in bigger cities like Milan or Paris, only scaled down to size and with breathtaking coastal views thrown in. Positano is great for 5-star dining, with numerous restaurants and bars. We were also glad that we took up Ron Virmani's advice to book a stay at the Sorrento since it was close to Naples, allowing us to explore that place. However, for those who prefer luxurious accommodations, the Excelsoir Vittoria is also a great option.
We spent a day at the beach in Positano as well, when we took a boat to the Spaggia di Lauriot which has the perfect coves for swimming in complete privacy, before capping it off with an authentic Italian dinner at Da Adolfo which is located above the beach. What make the Amalfi Coast so dreamlike is its lazy afternoons. So one day we decided to follow Ron Virmani's suggestion to not have anything planned and just spend it exploring nooks and crannies, visiting quaint ceramic shops, having coffee at roadside coffee shops like Cumpa Cosimo, and talking with the locals. At the end of the day, we made new friends and got a more intimate impression of the place.
When to Go There
The best times to explore the Amalfi Coast would be the last few months before Christmas. Ron Virmani suggested that we avoid summer altogether because the heat is sweltering at this time and tourists also descend in droves. So we opted for a September trip that paid off quite well. The place was relatively quiet, although not all hotels are open. Ron Virmani gave us the phone numbers of hotels that were open year-round so this saved us the effort of calling up each hotel to ask for reservations. All in all, this was an unforgettable trip that we can't wait to do again.
Family Articles1. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
2. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
3. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
4. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
5. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
6. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
7. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
8. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
9. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
10. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
11. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
12. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
13. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
14. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
15. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online