ALL >> Family >> View Article
Ron Virmani : Visit To Maasai-mara National Reserve In Kenya
Total Articles: 23
Maasai-Mara National Reserve is an extensive game reserve in Kenya that borders Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. It’s a popular destination for tourists who travel from different parts of the world to experience wonders of Mother Nature that exist in the reserve.
Ron Virmani told me about the place and encouraged me to visit it as soon as I could. I therefore made the necessary arrangements and travelled to Kenya.
Following the advice of Ron Virmani, I chose to travel to this great destination in July so as to witness the famous wildebeest migration. I stayed there for several weeks, during which I had an opportunity of witnessing wildebeests migrating from Serengeti-National Park in neighboring Tanzania to Maasai-Mara National Reserve/ The Mara in Kenya.
The annual event is popularly referred to as the Great Migration. It was recently classified as the Seventh Wonder of the World by Guinness Book of Records.
I had already learnt from Ron Virmani that Maasai-Mara National Reserve is just a fraction of the larger Mara ecosystem which consists of 11 ranches; Koiyaki, Kimintet, Lemek, Oloirien, Ol Chorro Oiruwua, Kerinkani and Olkinyei, among others.
During my stay, I got an opportunity of seeing the Big Five; African lions, Black rhinoceros, African leopards, African Buffaloes and African elephants. Additionally, I saw Thomson’s gazelles, zebras, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals and bat-eared foxes.
Other tourists and I had to go all the way to some plains that are found between Esoit-Siria Escarpment and River Mara in order to see the above-named animals. This is because most of them are only found in that location.
Another experience that may remain in my memory for many years was when our group (of tourists) visited River Talek and River Mara. We came across several Nile crocodiles and Hippopotami that looked quite scary. Fortunately, we had been accompanied by heavily armed rangers and experienced tour guides.
I also learnt that the national reserve hosts Grant’s gazelles, roan antelopes, impalas, Masai giraffes, duikers, Coke’s hartebeests and other animal species.
Ron Virmani had informed me that The Mara is also home to 470 different species of birds, although they always migrate depending on seasons. Birds that permanently live there are; vultures, lilac-breasted rollers, marabou stocks, African pygmy falcons, secretary birds, long-crested eagles, hornbills, ostriches and crowned cranes, among others.
Why tourists should consider visiting Masai-Mara National Reserve
The Mara is a great destination for tourists because of many factors. The entry fee is quite affordable to both domestic and foreign tourists. Additionally, there are several tented camps and lodges inside and around the reserve where visitors can comfortably stay for several weeks.
The area is served by roads that are in excellent condition. Telecommunication network is equally great. Tourists can therefore make or receive calls and also have access to the internet during their stay.
I am extremely grateful to Ron Virmani for encouraging me to visit The Mara because I had a great experience that I’ll probably never forget for the rest of my life.
Family Articles1. The Online Project Management Tools Can Help The Project Manager In Successfully Handling The Projec
2. What' Do We Need To Know About Alzheimer's Disease?
Author: kankei Care
3. Common Skin Problems And Newborn Skin Care Tips
4. Take A Break From Your Responsibilities By Availing Respite Care Sunshine Coast Services
5. Why Do Seniors Injure Themselves More As They Age?
Author: David DuPont
6. How Can A Ca Live-in Care Agency Help?
Author: Gabriel Fulton
7. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Services For The Elders To Lead A Quality Lifestyle
8. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Take Care Of Your Elders
9. What To Look In A Mail Order Brides Online? More Information For You To Find Out Here!
10. 7 Powerful Ways To Program Love To Children
11. All You Should Know About Making Donations To The Ngos In India
12. Avail Home Care Sunshine Coast Services To Offer Quality Lifestyle For Your Elders
13. Relationship Therapy Nederland Can Help You Understand Your Loved Ones In A Better Way!
Author: Angelika Matthias
14. Avail 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Services To Look After Your Elders At Home
15. Top Tips To Help Seniors Have A Happy Holiday Season
Author: Sudhir Singh