ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Features Of A Recurring Deposit
Total Articles: 291
Recurring deposits are a type of fixed deposit which is offered by financial institutions to help investors improve their savings. Such a deposit requires the investor to deposit a fixed account of money each month for a predetermined tenure. The minimum tenure offered is 6 months and the maximum tenure offered by the financial institution is ten years. The reason why this type of a deposit is so popular is the fact that it is compulsory to deposit the fixed amount each month to ensure you get the benefit of the high interest rate offered. Many individuals decide to try and reduce their expenses and save up on a monthly basis but fail. This deposit ensures that the individual is able to meet the expected mark of savings he wishes. There are a number of features of a recurring deposit which an investor must be aware of before deciding to opt for it:
• One unique feature of a recurring deposit is the fact that is can avail a loan from the financial institution against it. There are a number of financial institutions which offer loans to investors on the recurring deposit they have opened. The deposit is used as collateral and about 80 to 90 percent of the value of the deposit is offered. Such a loan is extremely easy to get as the application process is far simpler.
• Originally no TDS would be charged on interest earned by recurring deposits opened. Since june 2015 however, all financial institutions charge TDS on the interest earned in a financial year if it exceeds ten thousands rupees. The TDS charged on the interest earned is ten percent.
• Since the interest rate offered on fixed deposits is higher than that offered in other investments with a low risk this is an ideal option to build your savings.
• One of the best facts of using s recurring deposit is the fact that one can deposit as little as ten rupees per month for a recurring deposit.
• Investors are not required each month to specifically visit the financial institution to deposit money for their recurring deposits. Most financial institutions provide their investor with the option where in each month the institution directly transfers the fixed amount from their current or savings account.
• The interest offered on a recurring deposit is compound interest. Every quarter, the interest is calculated by the financial institution.
Recurring deposits is a beneficial investment option which can be used by all individuals. The amount to deposit each month is decided by the individual and hence is easy even for individuals with low income to build their savings.
Author Bio :
An experienced writer on finance topics, the author articulates of investment choices such as fixed deposit products in India & recurring deposit schemes. She writes about a variety of topics including the benefits of recurring deposits & fixed deposits and how to make the right investment choice.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Advantages Of Export Documentation
Author: Laural Smith
2. Option Trading - A Free Style Of Trading In India
Author: Mahendra Rajput
3. How Stock Market Advisory Firms Are Helpful In Trading
4. Fundamental Analysis Of A Company
Author: Aniket Vichare
5. Important Factors To Know About The Sme Loan
Author: Manish Damani
6. Buy A Perfect Refrigerator On Emi This Summer
Author: Meenal Wahi is involved in finance and loan manage
7. Services From Vat Consultants
Author: Nidan Narkhade
8. Financial Consultant A Must For Every Business Set Up
Author: Aastha Kapoor
9. Things You Should And Should Not Do While Making An Investment In The Stock Market (for Beginners)
Author: Stella Ross
10. Earn Profit From Sureshot Commodity Tips Provided By Ripples Advisory
Author: Riyanshi Tanwar
11. Get Online And Accurate Mcx Free Tips And Nifty Option Tips
Author: Sandy Allen
12. Cash Trading In Stock Market
Author: Mahendra Rajput
13. Find The Best Fund To Invest In Sip Now
Author: Jignesh Shah
14. Indiakaloan-loan Against Property
Author: ranjeet kumar
15. What Is The Future Of Cryptocurrencies?