ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Types Of Coolant For Cooling System Of A Automobile
Total Articles: 39
Coolant in cooling system is a fluid which is a combination of water and an antifreezer. This mixture of water and antifreezer is present in coolant reservoir. Sometimes, antifreezer alone is referred as coolant. An antifreezer performs two tasks - one is to keep engine away from freezing up in winter and second is to keep the engine cool in summer while in motion.
An antifreezer contains acids that can wear the metal parts of engine with passage of time. So, manufacturers add some additives to antifreezer to protect the metal parts from corrosion. With time these additives too get break down and become harmful to the engine. So, the antifreezers are to be replaced after a period of time. Automobile manufactures use a particular type of coolant for all of their models. It also determines the type of coolant to be used in the automobile.
Types of antifreezers
An automobile can run on any type of coolant. But there are few important things to consider while using an antifreezer. They are, how frequent do you flush your coolant and what kind of additives you prefer in the coolant. Depending on these factors, there are three types of antifreezers for an automobile. Each antifreezer has its advantage and is preferred depending on the need.
• Inorganic Acid Technology (IAT) antifreezers
This type of antifreezer is present in green color and contains silicate and phosphate corrosion inhibitors to protect the metal parts of the automobile through which coolant runs such as engine head, block and radiator. IAT type of antifreezers can be flushed out of automobile every two years or every 50,000 Kms.
• Organic Acid Technology (OAT) antifreezers
OAT resembles in wide range of colors from orange to dark green and does not have silicate or phosphate corrosion inhibitors. This type of coolant has higher life period but it can wear the metal parts over time. The manufacturers of this type of coolant add different type of additives to this coolant to prevent corrosion and rust. This type of coolant can be flushed every five years. In terms of distance it can be flushed every 250,000 Kms.
• Hybrid Organic Acid Technology (HOAT) antifreezers
These antifreezers are available in orange and yellow color. This type of coolant has mixed advantages of IAT and OAT coolant. As this type contains silicates which protect metal parts of automobile from corrosion, they last longer like in case of OAT coolant. They can be flushed every 5 years or every 250,000 Kms.
An antifreezer is the most important attribute of a cooling system. For any automobile, without antifreezer, it is not possible to dissipate heat out of the engine. So, using a correct type of antifreezer determines the life of an automobile engine.
Airtex fuel delivery system is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, Airtex fuel pumps have been the benchmark fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are looking for an electric fuel pump, visit us at Airtexproducts.com.
Automobiles Articles1. Imported Japanese Vehicles Are Cost Effective & High In Quality
Author: stc japan
2. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
3. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
4. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
6. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
7. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
8. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
9. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
10. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
11. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
12. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
13. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
14. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
15. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD