ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Everything You Need To Know About Nri Home Loan
Total Articles: 291
When planning to purchase a plot of land or an apartment within the country is the best source of finance available is a home loan from a financial institution within the country. As compared to loans offered abroad, NRI home loans in India are far more affordable for the individual. The exchange rate makes the repayment of such a loan more affordable as compared to any loan offered by a foreign financial institution. Before applying for an NRI home loan however, there are a number of details an individual needs to be aware of:
1. An NRI home loan can be used for a variety of purposes by the applicant. Such a loan can be used to:
• Purchase a new home
• Purchase a ready built home on resale
• Construct your own house
• Extend your house
• Renovate your house
• Purchase a plot of land in any city or town
• Purchase a plot of land and construct your own house on it
2. The financial institution will offer the applicants loan at a starting rate of one lakh. Depending on the value of the apartment being purchased, the institution will only offer 80 percent of the value as loan to the NRI individual.
3. There are however, a number of other factors which are kept in mind when considering the loan amount an NRI is eligible for. The most common factors that institutions keep in mind are:
• Whether or not the applicant has NRI or PIO status
• Repayment capacity of the applicant
• Stability and income earned
• Number of dependents on the applicant
• Income of the Co-applicant
• Age of the applicant
• Credit score
4. Financial institutions offer a maximum tenure of 20 years which an applicant can choose to repay the loan amount. Opting for a longer tenure ensures that the EMI amount charged each month reduces. This puts a lower financial strain on the borrower and ensures that he loan is paid in full on time.
5. There are two repayment options available for a borrower who has applied for an NRI home loan. The Electronic Clearing System and Post Dated Cheques are the available repayment options.
6. The rate of interest which is charged on NRI home loans is higher than the interest charged on home loans for residents of the country. This however does not make the loan more expensive as the exchange rate is favorable for the NRIs.
Opting for an NRI home loan is extremely beneficial for individuals who wish to purchase a house or a plot of land within their home country. There are a number of financial institutions which offer such loans to assist NRIs in their attempt to purchase real estate within the country. As long as one follows the processes correctly getting their loan application approved is no longer a hassle.
Author Bio :
The author is a seasonal writer on topics of finance and the home loan at an affordable rates sector. Through her writing, she articulates aspects that are important to people availing facility such as NRI home loan, home loan eligibility criteria that help to make the best decision.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
2. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
3. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
4. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
5. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
6. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
7. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
8. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
9. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
10. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
11. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services
12. The Best Stock Market Advisory Services Discerns The Best Time To Invest The Indian Stock Market
Author: Dharmesh Patel
13. Opt For Sebi Approved Stock Option Advisory Services For Better Investment Security
Author: Dharmesh Patel
14. How To Find Best Mortgage Loan Software
Author: sapana rathod
15. Unravel Your Taxation With The Accomplished Cpa In Memphis Tn!
Author: Garrett A. Surles