ALL >> Others >> View Article
Anaerobic Adhesives –the Mechanical Assemblyexpert
Total Articles: 12
When it comes to mechanical assemblyapplications requiring high shear strength, engineers depend heavily on anaerobic adhesives. Designed for fastening and sealing applications, anaerobic adhesives cure in the absence of air or oxygen. They remain liquid until exposed to contact with metal surfaces such as iron or copper (e.g. threads or joints on connectors, fasteners, fittings etc.). The metal contact then isolates the adhesive from oxygen,thereby initiating the curing or hardening process. Anaerobic adhesives fixture within minutes and completely cure within 24 hours at room temperature. If exposed to heat for a short duration, they can deliver even faster curing.
Be it a simple nut and bolt assembly or a rigid cylindrical assembly, anaerobic adhesives cater to all joints and sealing requirements. Some of them are used widely in industries such as marine, automotive, aerospace, photonics, optical, fibre optics, military etc. Others find application with semiconductors, electronic devices, electrical power products, integrated circuits and high voltage applications. Some varieties are designed to meet the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements, and are of great use in the medical and pharmaceutical applications.
Some of the many benefits provided by these adhesives include:
• Cost-efficient manufacturing of reliable and durable equipment
• Minimum aftermarket breakdown and reduced warranty issues
• Reduced requirements for component inventory
You can select the right adhesive from the wide range based on their thermal and mechanical properties such as conductivity, use temperature, tensile strength, elongation etc.
Parson has been dominating the global adhesives market for over a decade. It offers a wide variety of adhesives, including a range of high performance anaerobic adhesives under the SONLOK®brand:
• SONLOK®Retaining Compounds
Specialties include close fitting parts, high sheer strength, high temperature resistance, old parts repair etc.
• SONLOK® Thread Lockers
These when pre-applied to threaded parts form a unique coating that converts ordinary fasteners into self-locking and self-sealing fasteners. These are one component adhesives and therefore easy to apply. They are extremely cost effective and work efficiently with all kinds of threads in fasteners.
• SONLOK® Gasketing Compounds
Typical applications include instant, low pressure gap filling, flange sealant, large gaps gasket sealant etc.
• SONLOK® Thread Sealants
Specialties include fine and coarse thread applications, high shear strength, refrigerant sealant, stainless steel fittings, hydraulic sealant, high solvent and chemical resistance
• SONLOK® Pre-applied Thread Lockers
These adhesives form a unique coating that converts ordinary fasteners into self-locking and self-sealing fasteners. They work efficiently, without solvents, in extreme pressure and temperature environments.
• SONLOK Pipe Sealants
These sealants are best suited for fire protection applications. They use unique anaerobic technology with Teflon® to prevent leaks in sprinkler systems. They are widely used in fabrications and installations, to replace pipe dope and sealing tapes with durable and reliable seal. It’s unique Teflon® technology helps eliminate excess wear and tear on installers and equipment.
• SONLOK® High Temperature Resistance Anaerobic Adhesives
Best suitable for extremely high temperature resistance, medium to high strength applications.
Others Articles1. Is Your Company Ready For Industry 4.0 Transformation?
Author: Arjun N
2. Recover Lost Facebook Password Via Fb Service Number +1 844 827 1201
Author: facebook hacked account recover number
3. Understanding Awg Fire Alarm Cable
Author: Greg Anixter
4. Top 5 Iphone Se Parts To Keep Your Phone Working Like New
Author: Darren Chappel
5. Simple Yet Effective Cable Trays For Easy Cable Management System
Author: Mrugesh Rana
6. Features Of Slotted Angle Racks Dubai
Author: Abazar Shelving
7. Assisted Living Vs Nursing Homes
Author: Assisted Living Facilities
8. How To Choose A Dog Daycare In Edmonton
Author: Diana Mead
9. Details Of Bakery Equipment Suppliers Dubai
Author: alrazana kitchen
10. 5 Questions For Choosing A Dog Boarding Kennels
Author: Diana Mead
11. How To Keep Your Indoor Plants Looking Fresh
Author: Michele Sokoloff
12. Use Sketch Pens For The Best Quality And Unique Artwork
Author: elkos pens
13. Top 3 Reasons To Buy And Use Fake Ids And License
Author: John Moore
14. Nagpatong Rock Formation: Nature’s Hand In Molding Awesomeness
Author: Our 7107 Island
15. Want To Save Your Money? Hire Interstate Removalists Company….
Author: Riley Evans