ALL >> Home-Based-Business >> View Article
Things To Consider Before Doing Second Story Additions
Total Articles: 23
The Indoor Outdoor Guy Design and Construction not only have immense experience in doing second story additions in Vancouver but, they also provide high quality work when it comes to house additions in Vancouver. Adding space to your home or adding second or third story will surely capture attention and it will also increase space and area. However, it can also impact the rest of your house and if proper precaution is not taken then, sometimes structural reinforcement is also required. So, if you’re one of those people who want to do some house additions but, don’t know what things you must consider before opting for such construction then, you don’t have to worry as, this article is meant just for you.
Impact of the construction: The construction and the design of the second story additions in Vancouver will have great impact on the rest of the house. It is very important to understand that the addition should not make the house just bigger is size but, the second story must look like it was always intended and it shouldn’t affect the functionality of the whole house.
Structure: As, the addition of the second story means that the rooms will weigh much more than your old roof system therefore, engineers will need to calculate how much weight can be added to the base and proceed accordingly. If it requires structural support then new support should be designed and placed to ensure proper safety.
Staircase: Addition of another floor means that you’ll require new stair case and it will take a bite out of your existing main-floor rooms thus, altering the previous design. However, with little creativity and thorough examination before the construction will give the best possible results.
Mechanics: From your furnace, water heater, pipes to electric panel all of these systems will require your attention and if you want any changes in the old system then, this is the perfect time to look into the matter.
Chimneys: An additional floor demands the elimination of the old system which is also applicable to chimneys. You can either eliminate the chimney or extend it to another floor further, you can make any other changes that you desire.
Finishing: Adding a new story allows you to make changes to each and every corner of your house. Also, to make the whole house more pleasant you must revisit every finish and make necessary changes to synchronize the whole look of the house.
Indoor Outdoor is the author of this article. For further detail about house additions in Vancouver. Please visit the website.
Home Based Business Articles1. Remodeling Your Kitchen On A Budget With Mini Makeovers
Author: siddharth Dedhia
2. Hire A Bathroom Remodel Contractor In El Dorado County And Get It Done The Right Way!
Author: The author is a creative writer and this article.
3. Top Real Estate Companies In Calgary
Author: Joe Badin
4. Best Carpet Cleaner For Pets
Author: Alam Hasu
5. Some Hygiene Tips To Keep Your Kitchen Scrupulously Clean
Author: Michael Brightmore
6. Best Maternity Photoshoot & Photography Ideas Images
Author: Weddings Photo
7. Best Living Rооm Dесоrаtiоn And Design Idеаѕ By Rebel Designs
Author: Harsh Gandhi
8. 5 Reasons Why A Clean Workplace Is Good For Business -professional Cleaning Services In Toronto
Author: Ian Pearson
9. Important Things To Remember While Building A Backyard Deck
Author: Liam Well
10. Opt For The Ultimate Window Cleaning Services San Francisco
Author: Greenforce Windowpro
11. Be Familiar With The Common Air Conditioner Problems!
Author: An air conditioner keeps your room cooler by drawi
12. How To Bring Best Out Of Your Feature Wall?
Author: David Smith
13. The Reasons For Having Best Apartment Cleaning Services In Clermont Fl
Author: Rudy Szanto
14. Hire Qualified Contractor That Formulate Water Damage Restoration Effectively As Per Standards
Author: Dominick Manieri
15. Long Term Rentals In Marbella
Author: Long Term Rentals Marbella