ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mercedes-benz
Total Articles: 120
Mercedes Benz is one of the top luxury cars in the world, trusted and preferred by thousands of discerning drivers. The three-point star has been the symbol of the best in automotive industry since 1881, which is a long time to build a legacy and collect some interesting tales. So while you may know the features of an S class or CLS like the back of your hand, here are 5 facts that you probably didn’t know about Mercedes-Benz.
It is the oldest automaker in the world: Yep, the first ever automobile in the world was created by Karl Benz in 1886! Until this internal combustion powered vehicle was created, your only mode of transportation on roads was a horse buggy. And while you may be guilty of judging female drivers, you’d be interested to know that the first long distance driver was a woman, Karl Benz’s wife Bertha Benz who drove for almost 120 miles and was also the co-inventor.
Mercedes was also a lady’s name: The greatest name in innovative automotive engineering is greatly indebted to women. Emil Jellinek was a successful businessman and enthusiastic race car driver who built race cars under the pseudonym of ‘Mercedes’ which was his daughter’s name. The name had earned such good reputation that in 1902 he registered it as trademark and thus was born Mercedes-Benz. You can always check out this history at the Mercedes showroom in Delhi, especially at the Mercedes showroom in Delhi NCR.
A starry tale: The legendary three-point star logo was almost a 4-point star to showcase its prowess on land, water, air and space. Fortunately, they realised that space wasn’t really where they shone, leaving the star with its signature 3-points. While the star was used by Daimlers, the company owned by Emil Jellinek since 1910, the circle around it was added in 1916.
Silver Arrow: Silver is the trademark colour of Mercedes-Benz cars but the origination of it was quite strange. German race cars were always white, however in 1934 when the W25 was meant to race, it was 1kg beyond the stipulated weight. To lose the 1 kg the entire car’s paint was scraped off. The good news, it not only won but set a new track record! Since then all German cars kept the silver bare aluminium body which led it to be known as Silver Arrow. History has made a full circle as a new Mercedes showroom in Delhi NCR is also called Silver Arrow.
Formula 1: Mercedes F1 has always been in the forefront when it comes to making fast cars making its drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg popular names. It is the ingenuity of Mercedes engineers which has led to their countless wins. True to tradition, till date all F1 cars are painted metallic silver.
Make your way to Mercedes showroom in Delhi and own a creation of German engineering with a dash of legends.
Automobiles Articles1. Increasingly Stringent Fuel Efficiency Norms To Drive The Demand For Electronically Assisted Steeri
2. Advanced Technology And Growth Of The Automotive Industry Will Drive The Automotive Engine Market
3. How To Choose The Best Place To Undertake Your Car Repair?
Author: James Johnson
4. Air Pressure In Tyres-impact On Driving
Author: BK Vijay
5. Considerations To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Lube Truck For Your Business
Author: Scott Lee
6. Taking Advantage Of The Skoda Deals
Author: Daniel Skoda
7. Buying Bridgewater Cars On Sale - Bridgewater Car Sales
Author: Bridgewater Nissan
8. The Roller Conveyor Type Leads The Conveyor System Market In Food & Beverage Industry
9. Lighting To Be The Largest Application Segment Of The Glazing By Polycarbonate Material Market
10. Technological Advancements & The Growth Of The Automotive Industry Are Expected To Drive The Vehicl
11. Get An Airport Shuttle Service When You Are In A Hurry To Catch A Flight
Author: Max Brier
12. A Thin Thread Of Differentiation Between The Bobbers And Choppers
Author: Levi Fysh
13. How To Find Auto Repair Shop - It Is Very Important To Make The Right Choice
Author: Mark Josesh
14. Factors You Should Consider While Hiring A Lorry Anywhere In Bradford
Author: Emma Denton
15. Swipe & Buy: Is It Possible To Buy A Car With A Credit Card?
Author: Williams Orchard