ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Yoga Seminar During Ujjain Kumbha Mela, India
Total Articles: 10
Humankind has always nurtured possibilities of seemingly distinct identities and affiliations coexisting and interacting with each other in harmonious ways. India for instance offers a unique example of peaceful transactions of multiple identities. Often described as a river, constantly refreshed by fresh streams, the Indian civilization reveals a remarkable propensity to respect and absorb traditions and rituals across religions and cultures. The quest for truth through a reconciliation of diverse viewpoints has ever been intrinsic to Hindu thought. Rigveda thus pronounced “Ekah va idam vi babhuv sarvam” (That which is one has multiplied unto all) and Ekam Sad Vipra bahudha vadanti (The truth is one, the sages express it variously) and further ‘Aa no bhadrah Krtavo yantu Vishvatah’ (May noble and auspicious thoughts come to us from all over the Universe). Such dialogical tradition and non-dualistic ethos creates a natural space for Yoga and cultural pluralism and diversities. Unsurprisingly India has long been a preferred destination for various Yogic religious, Yoga Conference and cultural communities from afar. In recent times too we could readily discover several lived instances of Yogic cultural pluralism and syncretism.
It is in this context this seminar will deliberate upon the ‘lived in’ experiences of plural Yogic identities and how our diverse associations and affiliations are played out in any specific context. It is befitting to host such conference at Ujjain in Kumbha 2016 which apart from being the holy city of Hindus is seen as a gathering place of all religions and cultures wherein streams of shared religious and cultural practices dominated the public space and facilitated a peaceful transaction of inter community demotic superstitious and local practices.
The Kumbha Mela 2016 YOGA seminar based on theme “Yoga for Peace and Humanity” from April 26-30th 2016 will be a meeting place for aesthetics and yogis of various sects of the world, almost like a parliament of Yoga for discussions on religious doctrines and possible reforms of yoga. The YOGA seminar will provide a multidisciplinary forum for networking and the sharing of information related to new research and evidence-based outcomes of Scientific YOGA. The YOGA seminar will facilitate stronger linkages between Yoga,medical science and religious doctrines and will explore in greater depth the important overlap and interaction between and the program areas:Yoga for Peace and Humanity.
Ujjain Yoga Life Society – Yogalife
Maha Kumbh Mela
Fitness Articles1. Medical Icu Setup King Air Ambulance Services In Delhi With Doctors Facility
Author: King Ambulance
2. Is There A Difference Between Power And Vinyasa Yoga?
Author: Ashish Rawat
3. Why To Choose A Private Pregnancy Yoga Class?
Author: Maria Kondrashova
4. Understanding A Good Private Prenatal Yoga Class
5. Get Relief From Hiccup
Author: Dr nitesh khonde
6. How Yoga Courses In Melbourne Can Help With Anxiety And Depression
Author: Christian Ruggeri
7. Pilates For Beginners: 4 Easy And Effective Exercises To Strengthen Your Core
Author: Christian Ruggeri
8. 7 Symptoms Of Diabetes To Watch Out For!
Author: Saba Ahmad
9. French Paradox: Healthy Heart, Healthy Weight Loss Tips | Truweight
10. All You Need To Know About Stretch Marks & How To Treat Them?
Author: Liam Well
11. Workout Secrets By Experts
12. Top Reasons Why Everyone Should Go For Physiotherapy
Author: Holly Coane
13. ‘misfit Vapor’ Review: The Latest From The World Of Smart Watches!
Author: amar kayam
14. Indications Of Choosing A Wrong Expert For Acupuncture Treatment
Author: Mason Northmore
15. Start A Wellbeing Program Today Itself To Maintain A Healthy Body
Author: Seth Aslatt