ALL >> Service >> View Article
Common Internet File System & Its Features
Total Articles: 3
The Common Internet File System (CIFS) is the typical way that the computer users to share files across corporate intranets and also the Internet. It defines a series of commands used to pass information between networked computers. Some of the platforms that CIFS supports are Microsoft Windows, UNIX, VMS, and Macintosh etc. CIFS complements Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) while providing more sophisticated file sharing and file transfer than older protocols, such as FTP.
SMB file sharing is a dialect of common internet file system and SMB has many versions for server windows and are widely used. CIFS or common internet file system has many features that are listed below:
• Reliability and Concurrency: It allows multiple clients to access and update the same file while preventing conflicts by providing file sharing and file locking. File sharing and file locking is the process of allowing one user to access a file at a time and blocking access to all other users. File caches of buffers must be cleared before the file is usable by other clients. These capabilities ensure that only one copy of a file can be active at a time, preventing data corruption which helps in making the data highly reliable.
• Optimization for Slow Links: The common internet file system protocol has been tuned to run well over slow-speed dial-up lines and slow internet servers. The effect has immensely improved the performance for users who access the Internet using a modem.
• Safekeeping: CIFS servers support both anonymous transfers and secure, authenticated access to named files. File and directory security policies are easy to administer which helps in maintaining the security and authenticity of the documents.
• Performance and Scalability: These servers are highly integrated with its own operating system, and, therefore, are automatically tuned for maximum system performance which results in high-grade results.
• Unicode File Naming: The file names can be prescribed and named in any character set, not just character sets designed for English or Western European languages.
• Global File Names: The users do not have to grow remote file systems, but can refer to them directly with globally significant names which can be located anywhere on the Internet, instead of ones that have only local significance on a local computer or LAN.
Service Articles1. Seo, Web-design And Data Entry Services
Author: Md Rajiulah
2. Hcc’s Home Theater And Automation Trends For 2018
3. Mobile App Development In Australia
4. Top 8 Most Popular Cryptocurrency To Invest In 2018
Author: Nitin Garg
5. Bluestine Global Digital Marketing Services| Online Ads
Author: akash nikam
6. Best Pest Control In Warje - Result First, Pay Later
Author: Balaji herbal citi pest control
7. Important Considerations Before Laying Industrial Pipeline
Author: liam well
8. Crop Value Chain Management | Farm Accounting Services | Ranches Accounting Services
Author: AG Tools
9. Need A Cms For Your Website? Right Rules To Follow To Pick It
Author: Jonathan Paul
10. How To Contact Kraken Customer Support?
11. Floor Care Specialists
Author: Saurabh Upadhyay
12. Some Of The Best Tips Before Starting Your Home Renovation
Author: liam well
13. A 2018 Mazda Bt 50 Brief Review
Author: Adam Butler
14. Alikeapps | A Premium Uber Clone Business
Author: Uber Clone
15. Inexpensive Flowers To Fit The Wedding Budget
Author: John Miller