ALL >> Health >> View Article
Bladder Cancer – Causes And Treatment
Total Articles: 37
A hollow muscular organ that is situated in the pelvis inside the body is called the bladder. This organ is responsible for holding urine. Any malicious growth found inside the bladder is bladder cancer. Though this sort of cancer is not a common one, it can be as deadly as other forms of cancers. Cancer in the bladder can lead to the growth and development of many abnormal cells going beyond control. No research claims that this sort of cancer is inherited. So what actually causes this condition? How do we treat them effectively? Read on to find out.
Some of the core causes of bladder cancer are smoking, and exposure to many chemicals like benzidine in the workplace. It is found that smoking is the most obvious factor for many of the bladder cancer cases seen around. Smoking for decades, leads to the deposit of Carcinogens in the lungs. These chemical will pass into the bloodstream that are filtered by your kidney and blends with the urine. This urine contaminated by the chemicals, when stored in the bladder can cause abnormalities in the bladder cells causing cancer.
Apart from smoking, other harmful chemicals can lead to bladder cancer namely aniline dyes, xenylamine, benzidine, o-oulidine, 4-Aminobiphenyl that are prominent in the manufacturing industries. People employed in the manufacturing industries such as textiles, paints, plastics, leather tanning etc. are prone to this disease.
i. The common diagnostic method for bladder cancer is cystoscopy, wherein the bladder is initially inspected with a telescope type device. Surgery is the most preferred treatment adopted by doctors today to alleviate cancer in the bladder. Prior to surgical treatments, the state of cancer will be analyzed.
ii. If the infection is found in the lining of the bladder, intra-vesicle pharmacotherapy is suggested. Here a liquid drug is injected into the bladder that can help the immune system to attack the cancer cells, else chemotherapy is performed.
iii. Chemotherapy is another alternative that can be given with or without radiation therapy that is capable of kill cancer cells.
Different doctors provide treatment for bladder cancer. They include Urologists specialized in urinary system treatments, Radiation Oncologists who treats cancer with radiation therapy, and Medical oncologists who undertakes chemotherapy for cancer treatments.
Bladder cancer cannot be taken lightly as it’s apparent that it is life-threatening. However, taking some precautions like quitting smoking and lesser exposure to harmful chemicals can put away this from impacting our health.
The author has written various articles and blogs about cancers and cancer treatments for many years. The article explains about the causes and treatment methods adopted for cancer in the bladder. Read to know more.
Health Articles1. Make An Appointment For Top Spine Surgeon In Delhi
2. Get Painless Knee Replacement Surgery With Dr. Himanshu Tyagi
3. Sore Male Organ Prevention Tips To Keep You In The Game
Author: John Dugan
4. How To Report Anesthesia Time To Ensure Accurate Anesthesia Pay
Author: Elizabeth Debeasi
5. Orthodontics In Wayne For You
Author: Juan Smith
6. Water Kefir – An Ultimate Panacea For Stomach & Intestines Ailments
Author: Nourishme Organics
7. Does Bariatric Surgery For Obesity Reduce The Risk Of Melanoma?
8. Avoid These Common Mistakes And Enjoy Beautiful And Distinctive Smile!
Author: Frank Meshkani
9. Details On Invisalign In Citrus Heights
Author: Dr. Poidmore
10. What Is The Important Role Of Resilience In Life!
Author: Melissa Harries
11. Maintain Your Microbiome At Its Healthiest Level Following Gut Health Diet
Author: Kriben Govender
12. Preventive Tips About Dental Extraction – Stay Smiling
Author: Ryan Daniel
13. How To Choose An Online Pet Care Provider For Your Beloved Pet?
Author: Jack Jose
14. How To Find A Good Vet And Clinic For Your Animal Companions In Murphy
Author: Allan Austin
15. Dr. Stuart Krost | Leads Pack In Pain Management Care St. Lucie County/port Saint Lucie Florida Numb