ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Re In India: Roadmap For Sustainable Growth
Total Articles: 33
As one of the world’s leading energy consumers, there are few countries that can rival India’s pressing need to embrace renewable resources to drive its economic growth. Blessed with ample sunlight for most parts of the year and a long coastline, the potential for harnessing this sustainable energy resource in India is virtually limitless.
Recognizing this potential, the dedicated Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, assisted by a number of state nodal agencies, has been working tirelessly to enhance India’s global position in the proliferation of sustainable resources. Working in close coordination with various NGOs and village development societies, the ministry has ensured the spread of renewable energy programmes to every corner of the country.
The setting up of a separate agency - Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) - which provides term loans for various renewable energy projects has been an important milestone in this process.
Today India has become one of the world leaders in terms of its extensive renewable energy projects. Power generation from renewable energy sources has increased significantly as a result of these efforts. India today is a leading player in terms of its total installed wind power capacity and decentralized solar energy projects.
As part of its roadmap for the future, the Ministry of New And Renewable Energy is working to replace subsidy-driven programmes with commercialization of various technologies. Emphasis has been put on increasing the efficiency of renewable technologies. Tax concessions and soft loans have been introduced to encourage such enterprises.
The ministry has also directed the states to create an easy and attractive passage for the purchase of renewable energy technologies. Some states are in the process of providing tax exemptions to promote renewable resources and have announced measures pertaining to allotment of land, garbage supply, sale and purchase of power to encourage setting up of waste to energy plants.
Financial aid is being provided to educational institutes and industries taking up research projects in the area of renewable energy. Encouraged by the government’s multi-pronged initiatives, several global majors are now making a beeline to form joint ventures with domestic RE companies to set up RE-based energy projects here.
Given the increasing focus on renewable energy projects, the RE market in India is expected to grow significantly in the years ahead, putting it in the front row of countries that have adhered to their promise of supporting renewable energy for a better tomorrow.
India’s ongoing thrust on proliferating the use of renewable energy is going to ensure a cleaner, more sustainable tomorrow for each one of us.
Environment Articles1. Summer Solstice : The Scientific Influence Of The Longest Day Of The Year
2. Healthy Environment For Self-confidence
3. Restop To Discuss Successful Innovations To Manage Human Waste At Sustainable Summits Conference
4. Essential Oil Uses That Helps To Cure Cold Relief
Author: vrinda organics
5. Use Peddle Bins For A Cleaner Environment
Author: Chetan Rathod
6. Restop To Present On Environmentally-friendly Outdoor Sanitation At Overland Expo West
7. Effects Of Harmonics In Power System:
Author: Omprakash M
8. Some Important Steps Taken By The Industries To Manage The Electronic Waste
Author: Pankaj Kumar
9. Brief Relief To Showcase Personal Lavatory Systems At Windpower Expo 2018
10. External And Internal Structure Of Earth
Author: Arun Mohan
11. When You Should Use A Soaker Hose
Author: Jacob James
12. Why Are Investors Turning Significantly Towards Solar Energy?
Author: Zena Winn
13. Tips To Save Money While Working With Junk Removal Service
Author: Dave Kocemba
14. An Impressive Technology To Reduce Waste At Your Commercial Places
Author: Digital marketing manager and content writer
15. Sustain Life With The Waste Management Of Bluestream
Author: Aastha Kapoor