ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Iptl 2015: Will Indian Aces Be Able To Defend Their Title?
Total Articles: 60
Excitement is soaring high in Tennis circuit and fans! International Premier Tennis League is back for its second season. And, fans are gearing up for it. Asia will again be the centre of Tennis action. IPTL is founded by India's ace Tennis player, Mahesh Bhupati to counter the ever increasing demand of quality Tennis in Asia. Many biggies from the Tennis world like, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Sania Mirza, Carlos Mayo and Ana Ivanovic will come to Asia to participate in the league. In its debut season, there four four teams, representing four Asian cities. This year, there's a new entrant. The teams are Indian Aces, Philippine Mavericks, Singapore Slammers, UAE Royals and Japan Warriors. Japan Warriors is playing for the first time in the IPTL.
In the first season, it was the Indian Aces, who had lifted the trophy, by defeating Singapore Slammers in the finale. This year the defending champions are led by the energetic spaniard, Rafael Nadal, who opted out of the league last year due to his injury. The team also boast of some quality players like the hard hitting Frenchman, Gael Monfils and fiery Pole Agnieszka Radwanska. Returning to the home team again this year, are two of India's most successful players, Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna. Riding high on her fresh success, Sania Mirza is expected to perform well. Also adding to the star studded line-up are the veteran champion and on-court magician Fabrice Santoro, 2015 French Open doubles champion Ivan Dodig.
IPTL 2015, marks the debut of Japan Warriors in the league. The team has roped in Leander Paes as its Marquee player. Paes had opted out of the league last time questioning it's sustainability and transparency. Another star player of Japan Warriors is Maria Sharapova. Then, there are players like, Daniela Hantuchova, Japanese Superstar Kei Nishikori, Japan's No. 1 women's player Kurumi Nara, the fiery legend Marat Safin and the hard-hitting Vasek Pospisil and Lucas Pouille, who provide the team with experience and strength.
Japan will host the first leg of this 19-days power-packed tournament. Their home matches will be played in the picturesque city of Kobe. Indian leg of the tournament will be played at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Delhi from 10th - 12th December. Matches will also be played in Dubai, Singapore and Manilla. This 19-days Tennis extravaganza will attract fans from all over the world to Asia!
Sports Articles1. Bangalore: The Perfect Combination Of Work And Fun
Author: Manisha Nigam
2. Four-day Test, A Breaking Test Cricket News
3. Benefits Of Using The Right Sports Management Software
Author: Srinivas Siddireddy
4. Fih Publishes New Standards For Hockey Turf And Facilities
5. Liverpool Vs Everton, Visitors May Get A Positive Result
6. Begin Your Training With Professional Basketball Trainers
Author: Houston basketball coaching
7. The Best Three U19 World Cup Cricket Live Scores So Far
8. Australia’s Legacy Of World Cup Cricket Latest News
9. Lleida Vs Atletico Madrid, Away To Get Victory
10. Choose The Precise Pregame Goalkeeper Drills
Author: Michael Magid
11. Ccgrass Is Pleased To Announce The Appointment Of Onno Brenninkmeijer As European Sales Manager
12. The Match With Least World Cup Cricket Score
13. How Online Kasino Live Give You The Ultimate Gaming Experience?
14. Find Attraction Of Online Kasino Games Indonesia
15. How To Get Highest Online Casino Bonus?