ALL >> Insurance >> View Article
8 Ways To Obtain Cheapest Car Insurance
Total Articles: 4777
1. Compare Auto Insurance Companies and Coverage
One way to save on auto insurance is to compare several agencies to see what they offer. Compare the types of coverage, the actual benefits of the coverage (should you ever need to
make a claim), and the pricing for each policy. Insurance policies can vary greatly in price, so shopping around will help you find a policy that fits your budget and needs. If you're
classified as a safe driver, you can use this to your advantage as you compare car insurance offers.
Hint: The cheapest car insurance is not always best, so check out the company and its history thoroughly before agreeing to a policy.
2. Opt for a Higher Deductible
Most car insurance agencies will offer lower premiums if you opt for a higher deductible. The deductible is a set amount you agree to pay before making an insurance claim. This could
be $250, $500, or even $750 or higher. If you agree to the higher deductible, your premium will likely be as much as 15 to 30 percent less.
3. Cancel Collision Coverage on Older Vehicles
If you have an older vehicle, insurance can cost more than the car is worth. You are not required by law to keep collision on an older vehicle as long as you don't owe a debt on the car
through a lending institution.
4. Avoid Buying Sports Cars
If you're in the market for a new or used vehicle, buy a low profile car - not a sports car. Sports cars can cost substantially more when it comes to auto insurance and they are also very
expensive to repair. Sports cars are often targeted by thieves as well. Obtain an estimate of the insurance costs before making a purchase to be on the safe side.
5. Low Mileage Premium Discounts
If you drive under a certain number of miles per year, your insurance company may offer a premium discount for low mileage. For instance, if you drive 8,000 miles or less per year, you
might be able to pay less on insurance. Ask the company about this option to see if you qualify. If you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t currently meet the low mileage requirements, consider car pooling to work if
6. Other Auto Insurance Discounts
You can obtain discounts for being a safe driver (with a clear driving record), if you've completed a driving course, or for being a non-smoker. Some companies will give discounts if you
insure both your home and vehicle with the same agency. You can also benefit from discounts if your vehicle features certain safety items such as automatic seat belts, certain types of
airbags, etc. If your teenager starts driving, have them share a family car instead of buying one of their own. Also, let the agency know if your teen makes honor roll or takes a defensive
driving course in school.
7. Avoid Extra Expenses
You can find the cheapest car insurance by avoiding extra expenses such as towing, car rentals, or extra medical coverage (if you already have coverage through a health insurance
policy). If buying a new car, read the full factory warranty to see what's included. Then you can possibly drop these items from your car insurance policy and reduce your premium.
8. Keep Inexpensive Auto Insurance
The best way to keep your auto insurance at a low cost is to maintain a good driving record. Avoid speeding or traffic violations. These can cause your insurance premiums to increase
a great deal. Also, try to maintain good credit. Many insurers today are considering a person's credit rating when determining auto insurance rates. Remember to pay your premium
bills on time. Being late on a bill payment can cause your policy to be reinstated to former higher pricing even if you've been using the same company for a long while.
Combine each of these tips to enjoy great savings on insurance. You can comparison shop online and get instant car insurance quotes. The cheapest car insurance comes only with
a little research and staying in step with the rules of your agency.
Find Low Cost Insurance Today!Compare Quotes on Car Insurance and Save over 500.00 a Year!.
Insurance Articles1. Infoglobaldata Launches Accurate And Verified Database Of 128,132 Insurance Agents Email List
Author: Mark Griffith
2. Why Your Parents Need A Separate Health Insurance Plan
Author: Willie Gunn
3. Professional Mortgage Loan Advisors Can Help You Choose The Best Deal Suitable For Your Financial Ne
4. Select The Best Personal Loan In Pakistan
Author: Muhammad Waqar Asghar
5. 5 Tips From Miami Nationwide Auto Insurance Providers
6. Things To Know About Travel Insurance An Effortless Way To Safeguard Your Trip
Author: James felix
7. Top 5 Tips To Compare Funeral Insurance Rates
Author: Funeral Insurance NZ
8. Property Insurance Claims New Jersey: Areas To Cover And Points To Note
9. Ambulance Cover In Australia | Ambulance Insurance | Iselect
10. Overseas Visitor Cover In Australia | Visitor Insurance | Iselect
11. An Affordable Auto Insurance California Leads To A Secure Future
12. Road Rash: 10 Random Car Facts You Didn't Know
Author: Pranavi Jain
13. 5 Tips On Reducing Auto And Boat Insurance Premiums
14. Private Health Patients Have Waiting Lists Half The Length Of The Public System
15. Important Considerations To Review Before Purchasing A Covered California Insurance Plan
Author: Sandra Pianalto