ALL >> Health >> View Article
Bladder Cancer - Types, Symptoms And Diagnosis
Total Articles: 32
Bladder cancer is first in most occurred cancerous issues across the US. It's mostly common in men compared to women & around 2X higher for white men in relation to African-Americans. According to reports, life risk from cancer in the bladder is 1 in 26 for men & 1 in 90 in case of women.
Types of Bladder Cancer
Read below to find out more about the 4 different types of Bladder Cancer:
- Urothelial papilloma - it refers to the growth of a benign noncancerous tumor.
- PUNLMP (Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant potential) - It refers to slow growing tumor in the bladder which won't be spreading further.
- Low-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma - Akin to the previous one, it is also referred to as a slow growing situation that won't spread.
- Low-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma - the situation is characterized by a quicker growth & faster spread compared to the other 3 types of bladder cancer. Needless to mention, this is the most dangerous form of bladder cancer.
Symptoms of Bladder Cancer
There are a few major symptoms bladder cancer.
- Blood clots or blood in urine (Hematuria). It is the most common symptom of bladder cancer. Hematuria might occur in episodes or can be an ongoing process. It is not always painful.
- Dysuria or pain while urinating.
- Frequent urination in small volume.
- Frequent UTIs
Diagnosis of bladder cancer
Bladder cancer is diagnosed through a variety of ways. The different tests that are often suggested to detect bladder cancer are Urinalysis, urine cytology, ultrasound, MRI/CT Scan, Cystoscopy & Biopsy. Newer biomarkers such as FISH are used in some cases these days to detect the cancerous cells in the bladder through urine test. The most advanced diagnostic tests to detect bladder cancer are BTA, UroVysion & ImmunoCyt. However, the most successful of all are Cystoscopy & cytology.
TURBT (Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor)
When the cancer is diagnosed, the initial surgery taken by the patient is TURBT. It's performed with special instruments fixed to cystoscope & is aimed to complete removal of the tumor with an electronic surgical device. The surgery is performed via urinary passage & does not require any sort of external cuts over the body. Apart from being initial treatment for bladder cancer, TURBT also serves as staging procedure in the treatment. The specimen derived from TURBT is sent to check depth of invasion of tumor on bladder wall. The follow-up treatments are decided based on TURBT report.
The author of this article here gives sound knowledge on cancer in the bladder. He discusses about its types, symptoms and treatment. Read now!
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility