ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
How To Plan Your Finances When Opting For A Floating Interest Rate
Total Articles: 291
Housing loans require a different sort of financial set up than other kinds of loans, for they are essentially long term and it is essential that you sustain your finances during the entire payment period. Now they are two kinds of housing loan interest rates that you can opt for- fixed interest rate and floating interest rate. Choosing between the two has preoccupied minds and been the cause for many an anxiety attacks for potential customers of housing loans . The choice depends on your repayment preference and your current financial status.
The key aspect of a floating interest rate is that it fluctuates with the market dynamics and where its interest rate is linked with the base rate and a floating component. This brings in a factor of uncertainty since the monthly EMI will fluctuate with each instalment of the loan. If you are okay with this constant decrease and increase of the interest rates, then a floating housing loan interest rate is preferable. This is because its rates are usually lower than a fixed interest rate and is ideal when a long-term loan is more preferable than say, five-year long loan tenure.
If what you have opted for is a floating interest rate, there are a few things to note in this type of housing loan interest rate:
• Obtain complete information: Find out the lowest and highest extent to which the interest rate can fall according to your bank’s chosen market index.
• Regular updates: Be sure to keep checking your loan account to stay updated about the market trends, especially when interest rates go the downward way. Make sure that it reflects in your loan interest rate.
• Financial strength: You should be comfortable with the fluctuating EMI rates. The EMI should never be more than 35% of your salary. Calculate the probable maximum and minimum EMI’s that you may have to pay up during the tenure. It should never exceed the comfortable zone of your finances.
• Control your expenditures: If there is a slight chance of your finances being a little tight and if you’re still willing to take the risk because of the lower interest rate, then tighten your expenditures and monitor your monthly spending. Try to not reach such a stage though.
• Chance of a lump sum or increased salary: Floating interest loans are very advantageous if you plan to pay it off in five-seven years. This means that your interest outflow is much lower and so is the impact of the market fluctuations. So if there is a chance of you receiving a lump sum in the near future, all is good and you’re well set to pay off your loan comfortably.
Author Bio :
The author is a seasonal writer on topics of finance and the housing loans sector. Through her writing, she articulates aspects that are important to people availing facility such as housing loan interest rate, documents, home loan eligibility criteria that help to make the best decision.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
2. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
3. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
4. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
5. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
6. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
7. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
8. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
9. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
10. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
11. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services
12. The Best Stock Market Advisory Services Discerns The Best Time To Invest The Indian Stock Market
Author: Dharmesh Patel
13. Opt For Sebi Approved Stock Option Advisory Services For Better Investment Security
Author: Dharmesh Patel
14. How To Find Best Mortgage Loan Software
Author: sapana rathod
15. Unravel Your Taxation With The Accomplished Cpa In Memphis Tn!
Author: Garrett A. Surles