ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Factors To Consider Before Choosing Your Loan Interest Rate Type
Total Articles: 291
Home Loans are being offered by many financial institutions and banks today. Consumers are flooded with many different proposals and offers, and all this ends with is a complete confusion in the consumer’s mind.
There are home loans based on two types of interest rates- fixed interest rate and floating interest rate. The first kind of rate’s name itself is self-explanatory – it does not change even when there are fluctuations in the financial market. The interest rate that is decided in the beginning of the home loan sanction is what is paid till the end, even if the rate drops or increases. This rate of interest is slightly higher than the second type of interest, which is the floating rate of interest – this rate varies with change in market conditions. Thus in both the cases the EMI paid would differ slightly.
The clauses in each case differ from institution to institution, but home loan rates are generally dependent on:
• The tenure of the loan
• A sharp increase in the interest rates
EMIs move either upwards or downwards as the base rate changes. It is because of these extremely mobile home loan rates that it is important for home loan takers to weigh all the pros and cons carefully before actually deciding on it.
Disadvantages of fixed rate of interest
If you take a long-term loan, the rate of interest does not decline even when the market rates decrease and hence the EMI remains fixed.
Consumers lose money in the case of falling interest rates
Banks or financial institutions offer loans with a reset clause, which is a catch since they may revise your loan terms without any prior information
Its advantage is that it provides us with a sense of security and surety, since the EMI remains constant and we can plan our finances accordingly.
Disadvantage of floating rate of interest
The only one point which may deter us from choosing this kind of a loan is that in case the economy is moving towards a very sharp rise in future, the loan would only get costlier in the near future
Its advantage lies in the fact that its rate of interest is slightly lower than a fixed rate of interest, thus leading to some savings.
Factors to be considered while deciding on the kind of house loan rate:
• Your EMI should be less than 35-40% of your monthly income
• If you would like to pre-pay the loan earlier
• If the rates of interest may vary sharply in the next 10 years, look at its past trend. If you perceive that there can be a big change, you could opt for a combination of fixed rate of interest in the first 3-5 years and then opting for floating thereafter.
Opting for a fixed rate loan may sound like the sensible thing to do, if you want a sense of uniformity and steadiness in your payments. Go for a floating interest loan only if you can insulate yourself from market fluctuations and the element of uncertainty with respect to the direction that lending rates may take when you move forward.
Author Bio :
The author is a seasonal writer on topics of finance and the home loan sector. Through her writing, she articulates aspects that are important to people availing facility such as home loan rates, documents, home loan eligibility criteria that help to make the best decision.
Investing / Finance Articles1. 5 Hacks To Getting Loan Against Property Approved
Author: Atish Nayar
2. How A Claims Adviser Helps With Insurance Claims
Author: Edmund Brunetti
3. Avoid These Mistakes While Hiring A Cpa Firm
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Top Tips For Mcx Commodity Trading
Author: Riya Jain
5. How To Claim Unclaimed Fixed Deposits From Banks
Author: Arwind Sharma
6. 12 Month Payday Loans Direct Lenders
Author: Carol Adams
7. Where To Look For Ongoing Projects In Mumbai In 2017?
8. Benefits Of Hiring A Tax Accountant
Author: Karen Lee
9. Impact Of Gst On Manufacturers And Their Distribution Networks
Author: Rahul Sutraj
10. Quickly Find Ideal Program For Commercial Lending In Atlanta
Author: John Bairstow
11. Why Emv Credit Card Terminals Are Necessary For Business?
Author: Satya Nadella
12. Get Set For A Great Retirement Life
Author: Deepesh Reddy
13. Payday Loan In India, Payday Loan India, Payday Loans India
Author: Mayank Aswal
14. Mashreqpay Program To Ease Your Personal & Business Life
Author: Jeff Usman
15. Maximize Your Profitability With Trade12 Trading Services