ALL >> Health >> View Article
Professional And Homely Ways Of Treating Wrist Tendonitis
Total Articles: 348
The condition of wrist tendonitis can happen due to the overuse of the wrists, even excessive playing of summer sports like golf, swimming and other water sports can frequently bring on the condition. This can lead to uncomfortable pain in the wrist so there are some remedies that you may practice at home to help you minimize it.
But consulting doctors or taking professional treatment are a must in case of your pain is persistent. Herein below find some of the helpful remedies for treating wrist tendonitis:
Proper exercising- You can try different wrist exercises to strengthen the muscles in your wrist once the pain is under control. Some of the most effective exercises are as follows:
1. Rotating your wrist gently back and forth.
2. Holding your hand straight up and bending your fingers towards the back to give a good stretch workout of the wrist area.
These exercises for strengthening the wrist can be extremely helpful, but it shouldn’t be practiced if you are experiencing pain and it is persistent for a long period of time. In such condition professional treatment should be sought for.
Placing ice on the wrist- This is a very convenient way to lessen the immediate pain that you feel in your wrist. It can be very basic but is seen to bear benefits. You can put the ice in a plastic bag for ease of use and put it around the painful area. You may continue this process for around 15 to 20 minutes that would help your blood flow. Then again after a gap of at least half an hour, you may reapply the ice, but if you do it before that it may give you frostbite.
Take over-the-counter pain relievers- Though this would only give you a temporary relief but can be helpful. The normal anti-inflammatory pain-killing drugs can minimize your pain for the time being. These medicines should be taken for a few days until the pain lightens up. Now the sudden disappearance of the pain as an effect of the pain relievers would tempt you to do the same activities that caused your wrist tendonitis, so be careful not to repeat them.
some of the professional treatment options- Apart from the surgery, which is the final option for treating wrist tendonitis, the other professional treatments are almost similar to the home treatments. Some of these treatments include wearing wrist splints to avoid worsening the condition of the affected wrists and sometimes cortisone is injected to reduce inflammation if the anti-inflammatory drugs fail to work.
The surgery procedure generally involves removal of the tissues around the tendon so that the area can become more flexible.
Martin Luther has visited many pain relief therapy centers around Australia. During his visits he interviewed many healthcare professionals, according to them people suffering from wrist tendonitis in Melbourne should follow some home treatments to relieve pain, but extreme conditions should be treated with surgery.
Health Articles1. Sensory Integration|best Pediatric Physiotherapists In Hulimavu,bangalore
Author: Sumitha Hemavathy
2. Everything About Vitamin B12
Author: DR. Sarika Nair
3. Modafinil Tablets Boost Executive Functions
Author: Lewis Paul
4. The Significance Of Dental Care To Your Overall Health
Author: Donnell Nash
5. Can Counselling Get You Out Of A Bad Relationship?
Author: Richard Gosling
6. 6 Herbal Extracts That Treat Daily Health Concerns Naturally
Author: Quantum Naturals
7. Tips For Ivf Success By Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
8. Pros And Cons Of Plastic Surgery
Author: Kelly Sanchez
9. How To Know The Effect Of The Invisalign Treatment?
Author: Joseph Donald
10. Heart: Care For It And Live Longer
11. How To Find The Perfect Orthodontist In Lafayette?
Author: Thomas Mark
12. Chose The Best In Orthopedic
Author: Sandeep Tomar
13. How Effective Are The Lung Test Devices And How Can It Keep You Healthy?
Author: Natasha Adhikary
14. The Best Cardiologists In India: Dr Naresh Trehan & Dr Ashok Seth
Author: Medical Services of India
15. Why You Should Go For Fermenting Foods And Vegetables
Author: Kriben Govender