ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Do Not Inadvertently Become A Drug Mule
Total Articles: 213
A trip that started off right via a careful review of cheap travel options, such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, could end up disastrously if you naively allow others to take advantage of your kindness.
Viewers laughed when Renee Zellweger in the movie “Edge of Reason” landed in a Thai prison after unknowingly transporting a new travel companion’s cocaine filled souvenir.
This will not be a laughing matter if it happens to you. In August a 91 year old man returning to Australia from India was arrested on serious drug importing chargers after he agreed to help his new travel “friends” by agreeing to carry many bars of “soap” in his luggage. The soap proved to be cocaine.
Apparently this man had been tricked by a group he met online before taking his trip and had arranged to travel with them.
International tourists can be vulnerable and often are targeted by scam artists. The following are ways of avoiding being placed at risk when traveling, according to Shannon McMahon:
• Be careful when deciding on traveling companions. Traveling often results in people doing things that they normally would not do including pairing up with unlikely companions. Avoid befriending people before meeting them in person and set boundaries with anyone before traveling. Drug offenses can result in the death penalty in some countries.
• Avoid adventures that can end up being felonious. Knowing where to draw the line means avoiding certain souvenirs that could end up costing far more than what you paid initially.
• Packing light, whether that means a small suitcase or no checked luggage, can be helpful in explaining why you are unable to help acquaintances transport anything they cannot fit in their bags. Consider buying a small lock to ensure that no one can get into your bag when you are not around.
• Trust your gut and if something feels off, err on the side of caution. If you have reason to question someone’s motives, do not casually dispel your suspicions. Be willing to raise questions to avoid becoming a target. If a local asks you, a tourist, for directions, something well might be off.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family